Topic: rainbow cotton

Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Sorry for my absense, I haven't touched my Dreamcast since school has begun because of my studies. Anyway, on to Rainbow Cotton.This game looks really amazing and I'm itching for a Panzer Dragoon experience. I've heard almost nothing but good in regards to everything except the controls. Tell me: are the controls really that hard to conquer? I can't see how you could mess up the control on a game like this too bad. On a side note, this game looks truly amazing, and really hits the cartoony feel on the head. Can Rez and Rainbow Cotton relieve my Panzer Dragoon wanting?
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:05 am
quote : #2
I plaid it and all I !!! can say is - the uncorrect controls are making the game boring. The camera view makes it hard 2 see all the shoots and the analog stick wont control ur gamecha very well.
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:15 am
quote : #3
ok... i dont want to make any assumptions as to this game so i shall just come out and ask, wtf is rainbow cotton??
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:23 am
quote : #4
Well its cotton in 3D. Cotton is one of these old school shooters (side scroller) and your ship is a flying wich (right word?) - its like Keyo flying squadron. I cant real discripe it coz my engl is 2 bad - but the dc version isnt that good (I would give it 60%). Nice grafics and very colorfull stages but the controls........
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:42 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
isnt the 3d megadrive version ment to be better?
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:24 pm
quote : #6
well i gathered that but i have never heard of cotton before, is it like chaos field/ikaruga/trizeal?? or is it 3d in a sort of starlancer sense?? sounds abit like gundird 2 only 3d.
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:21 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
ultrapro wrote:
well i gathered that but i have never heard of cotton before, is it like chaos field/ikaruga/trizeal?? or is it 3d in a sort of starlancer sense?? sounds abit like gundird 2 only 3d.

i think its ment to be more like panzer dragoon
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:24 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
Cotton is a 2d side scrolling horizontal shmup

the DC cotton games is a 3D panzer dragoon style version. It's quite terribly unplayable.

check out Yakumo's rundown on it in the DC shooting special movie over at RETROCORE

http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

peace,

King.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm
quote : #9
ok im probably being really thick but that link just sends me to a page listing the contents of a dvd they made, it doesnt talk about the game and i cant see the thing that they made about it either, is it footage or some sort of gamespot style video review??
Posted:
Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:28 pm
quote : #10
its a info game with info on the games it covers. that was sort of redundant. but u'll need software to download the mpg version. i recommend doing it tho since u can also access yakumo's videos from segagagadomain which are awesome.