rank 41
Posted:
Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Blast wrote:
lozz wrote:
hey, i would really love to get max pool and play. problem- i live in the uk and getting it is extremely hard. also no offence or anything, but wouldnt sitting on the dc actually make you more lazy?Smile see you around, lozz. also does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell, i cant get it from anywhere!!!

NO NO NO by playing DC a lot of peolpe have to leave the chair in order to fetch games and VMU's etc, whilst watching the TV entails no exercise what so ever. Too many sausages thats the problem.

Laters

hahaha, people might not have to leave their chair IF they have one with wheels. They could wheel across to the pc order max pool and a vmu then wait a few days, wheel to the letterbox and pick it up, wheel to the dc and then play!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:10 pm
quote : #17
lozz wrote:
Blast wrote:
lozz wrote:
hey, i would really love to get max pool and play. problem- i live in the uk and getting it is extremely hard. also no offence or anything, but wouldnt sitting on the dc actually make you more lazy?Smile see you around, lozz. also does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell, i cant get it from anywhere!!!

NO NO NO by playing DC a lot of peolpe have to leave the chair in order to fetch games and VMU's etc, whilst watching the TV entails no exercise what so ever. Too many sausages thats the problem.

Laters

hahaha, people might not have to leave their chair IF they have one with wheels. They could wheel across to the pc order max pool and a vmu then wait a few days, wheel to the letterbox and pick it up, wheel to the dc and then play!

theyed be using there arms tho
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 pm
quote : #18
hahah.... better get back on topic though, how many players can play at once in a max pool game?

IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:06 pm
quote : #19
lozz wrote:
hahah.... better get back on topic though, how many players can play at once in a max pool game?
Depending on the type of game you wanna play, between 2-4
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 pm
quote : #20
Kizzy wrote:
Come on folks, really surprised with the lack of interest in this great game? It is not just one game there are many variations to the Pool theme here. It is so dissapointing to only have just a few of you lot bothering to give it a try, you really are missing out on a great game!

It only seems to be Blast, Segadreamcaster and myself playing on the game off this site, what a shame! What makes this game even better is that it is a social game, you can talk away to your hearts content through your keyboard whilst playing the game.

I would like to hear comments from others with valid reasons why they should not play Max Pool? Is it because you are mostly fat burger/pie eating lazy slobs with your genitals cupped in your hand? I would like to think not!?

Come on, have a go if you think your hard enough!

Kizzy

I play Maximum Pool online, but never at the times you have scheduled which fall in the middle of my work day. My time zone is GMT-8, which is the West coast of the US, so there's a bit of a time difference between us. Since Maximum Pool was a US release, I'm assuming most copies of the game are over here, not in the UK or Europe. I play in the evenings here, and while there's typically 120-170 players on at any given time, I don't think I've played another Dreamcast player yet. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet for a game or two online, Kizzy (Blast and Segadreamcaster too).

Unfortunately, most people perceive the Dreamcast and all it's games to be dead over here, which is tragic. I'm not sure how many users of this site own the game and have it fixed to play online. It really is a fun game to play online, and it goes very well with a pint of beer. If any of you haven't tried it yet, it's worth a shot.

How are my little crackers doing today?
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:30 pm
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes it has to be said that timezones are certainly a problem, although strangely enough the main players that I know of at the moment are Kzzy blast and myself and we are all based in the UK, so its quite difficult to arrange a game time for us all...in fact its pretty much impossible as I know blast and I can't really negotiate with our online times Sad

I know IMP@QT is playing quite a lot at the moment, which is good and obviously you also play quite regularly kingofgrills, so at least thats 5 of us, I know maddmaxx was playing a fair bit at one time as well...not sure if he is still playing at the moment though? So thats 6 at most that I know of. Would certainly be nice to boost those numbers so that everyone at least has someone they can pair up with for games Smile . I fear that without fellow dreamcast players to match up against people may come and go from the game quite quickly because they will lose interest in trying to find a dreamcast player to compete against, which of course is a real shame Sad

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
LINK343q
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:41 pm
quote : #22
I would love to play this game. I just got it today and the only reason I cant play is my modem is broken and Im too lazy to buy another one. Once I have a new modem, I'll try to get on.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:31 am
quote : #23
Type: Pal
LINK343q wrote:
I would love to play this game. I just got it today and the only reason I cant play is my modem is broken and Im too lazy to buy another one. Once I have a new modem, I'll try to get on.

Cool, segadreamcaster and I are still playing Smile

Laters
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:58 am
quote : #24
Hey Blast

i was on a few times over the summer allready but didnt manage to see u or any other the other guys.

DId u and segadreamcaster say u played around 10pm uk time ? ?

Should manage a few games later in the week

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 pm
quote : #25
i think they play at 11:30 (BST), well thats the time i try to aim to be on at but somthing allways comes up (bastard reality).
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:03 am
quote : #26
Type: Pal
We normally log on at around 23.30pm bst. Best to send us a pm if you are comming though as we go straight into a room and then you cant get us. We do this cus lobby chat on DC stinks where as in game is fine. I asm a bit a bit of a Judas at the moment though as I am actualy playing via Game room on my PC as have had BB put in and no longer have pay per min dial up. Once I have had a bill and figured what I am paying I can then sort out how much phone line time I can give to DC gaming.

Cheers
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:33 am
quote : #27
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just got the game, so I'll be online soon.
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:30 pm
quote : #28
Ive been after this game for over a year, seriously for anyone in the UK who diesnt have paypal this thing is harder to get than a BBA!