Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
Untouchable C
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey. I really don't want to be looking like a complete newbie, but didn't know where else to introduce myself.

But yeah I'm Untouchable C, a huge dreamcast fan, still got my games and all three regions of dreamcast hooked up around the house.

I also play Xbox Live, my gamertag is Untouchable C, feel free to add me.

Used to play PSOv1 for Dreamcast and PSOv1&2 for Xbox. And just ordered ver2 for Dreamcast so I'm plannin on starting that up again soon. I've got a few questions though.

1. Where can I get a Broadband Adapter.
I know they've discontinued. I know they are rare as hell. But I'm living in a house with my mates and we have a pretty sweet ASDL 8mb connection with Wi-Fi and Router and I dont wanna go messing up our set up. I've checked ebay and I've checked amazon. I'll pretty much pay any price (within reason obviously).

2. How often do ya'll play PSO?
I've seen the game schedule, I just want a general idea.

3. How many people are on the servers?

4. Are most people legit?
I know members on here are, but I just want a general idea of the state of the PAL servers since I left. Which was around the time of clearing out banks and FSODs.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions, and I plan on being member here for a while (since its my new homepage)!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Untouchable C wrote:
Hey. I really don't want to be looking like a complete newbie, but didn't know where else to introduce myself.

It's ok, don't worry, we welcome new gamers to the site and are pleased to answer and assist whatever questions you may have.

Untouchable C wrote:
Used to play PSOv1 for Dreamcast and PSOv1&2 for Xbox. And just ordered ver2 for Dreamcast so I'm plannin on starting that up again soon.

PAL Region V2 right?

Untouchable C wrote:
1. Where can I get a Broadband Adapter.
I know they've discontinued. I know they are rare as hell. But I'm living in a house with my mates and we have a pretty sweet ASDL 8mb connection with Wi-Fi and Router and I dont wanna go messing up our set up. I've checked ebay and I've checked amazon. I'll pretty much pay any price (within reason obviously).

The only place to buy a BBA is on eBay. They run anywhere from 100-150 dollars.

Untouchable C wrote:
2. How often do ya'll play PSO?
I've seen the game schedule, I just want a general idea.

Other users here will be able to give you a more definate answer on gametimes. But there are usually people on atleast 2 times during the week, and you can find people online at random, its just sort of hard to during random hours.

Untouchable C wrote:
3. How many people are on the servers?

Someone else can answer this more accuratly.

Untouchable C wrote:
4. Are most people legit?
I know members on here are, but I just want a general idea of the state of the PAL servers since I left. Which was around the time of clearing out banks and FSODs.

These days, most people are legit online on PAL PSO. Seeing as how most of the cheaters are no longer around or have moved on. There are still a few playing. So you have to be carefull about who you play with. You will only run into them though if you are seeking out people on PAL PSO who you don't know. Everyone here at OnlineConsoles however is legit. This is a strictly legit PSO community.
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:18 am
quote : #3
Hello there and welcome Very Happy !

I got my broadband on ebay for 72 £ which I dont really know how many dollars but should be what you got , they are hard to find but keep your eye on ebay and Im sure 1 will come up sooner or later . Just be warned you can only play Phnatsy star online and also quake 3 arena on it , but nothing else. Also you need a special browser which thanks to Lord over me I got ( thanks a lot Smile ).

Then for the phantasy star online version 2 yeah you need a pal version from europe because thats the only one that works . You also need version 2 serial codes , but I can help you there , as many can tell you who I got some for too .

I used to play the game loads until recently because a really good friend left and I miss her loads and I have been quiet busy lately as well , and I still kind of think of her everytime I go online Sad. But there's still others who usually go everynight around 8 pm ( gmt 0 time like Uk and most of europe ) and on fridays theres loads of germans playing so usuallya round 10 or more players ! Also the japonese are always at it playing around 12 pm ( again gmt O time ) and at times theres like more than 100 still playing .

Most people are you know only doing the legit playing , well I am lol , and still those that do most are nice and I guess are just really confused or something because the game is so much more exciting when you find your first real rare item ! Still they are nice people are theres only about 1 or 2 mean ones but funny enough they dont do hacking only really seem to want to hurt others feeling ( mm Im guessing they had terrible childhoods and now forgot to take thei medicines )

Well besides that the game is awesome to play and Im sure you would have fun if you ever manage to find a bba , hey if i ever find one on ebay Ill be sure to tell you ! Keep up the fun and sure as hell welcome to this wicked forum mate , yeay 1 more pso player on the list . And oh yeah ever feel like a game just tell me on msn frodo_teu@hotmail.com.

Ps my live tag on xbox is Diogo Miguel
I usually play Phantasy star online on it sometimes ( started my free trial this last tuesday ) and also on most of the tom clancy games like ghost recon 2 . Wish you all the best and anymore question feel free to ask

Untouchable C
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 am
quote : #4
Thanks all this info's been alot of help.

I should have been a bit more clearer when introducing. I'm from the UK and I've bought the PSOver2 PAL version and since my first post I've found a bid on ebay for one Mr. Green .

Thanks again charmed_699 I may have to take you up on the serial code number, I dont know if the copy I ordered has one.

My friends play PSO online on Xbox Live. I'll add you.

Ya'll seem so nice, me thinks I'm gonna like it here.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:41 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
there is a game every friday, but if you go on between 8pm - 1 am (gmt+1 uk time) on most days there are plenty of users online!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Dcrafty
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:47 pm
quote : #6
ya man, just go on, ders always someone playing on the jap servers, and loads of em speak english. Gauranteed you'll find someone who'll play with yiz
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:10 am
quote : #7
Thank you one an all! Good news is I just won a BBA on ebay! So within the next few weeks I should be playing with you guys and the flush of new people. Should be fun.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:34 am
quote : #8
wow thats really lucky congrats mate , hope to see you online soon on the great pso.
have fun and woo woo another one coming online Razz