segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

OK guys, I can see many of you own this game but very few seem to be actually playing it....There always seem to be people playing PSO, 4x4 evo, quake, F355 Challenge, Starlancer but when it comes to maximum pool, as far as I know it is only Blast, Kizzy and myself who actually play regularly and we are all in the UK which is ironic.

Now I could be totally wrong perhaps there are other people play that I just don't know about or have forgotten about?

If you do own the game and are not playing is there any particular reason? I would have though people would have jumped at the chance to have a go at new online title (yeah don't forget this title only came back 5 months ago) not to mention the fact it is great fun to play and is ideal for a chat as well Smile

I think it's sad to see this game being left out in the cold to be honest, and considering the fact that Blast and I will probably soon start playing multiple games again (yeah we have been playing max pool for 5 straight months...lol...we are still having our celebration party) that will be even less play being seen for DC users Sad

So come on guys whats up...why don't you play or if you do play when and with who? Just want to get an idea of whos playing, how often and whats stopping those that are not playing?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
axlrose2k5
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:27 pm
quote : #2
The reason I do not play Maximum Pool online,is because I can not get my Dreamcast online since I switched to DSL.
I do not own a computer with Windows 98SE so the PC-DC Server is out,and the free ISPs do not work for me.Until I can find a
a solution I will have to play offline.

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:31 pm
quote : #3
axlrose2k5 wrote:
The reason I do not play Maximum Pool online,is because I can not get my Dreamcast online since I switched to DSL.
I do not own a computer with Windows 98SE so the PC-DC Server is out,and the free ISPs do not work for me.Until I can find a
a solution I will have to play offline.

I feel your pain. If i had the game, i couldnt play. The phone lines at my house, for some reason, dont work with the DC.
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:18 pm
quote : #4
Yeah sounds like you are both in a no win situation Sad so I'll forgive you this time Smile lol

Its more the people that can but don't/won't play that im head hunting...lol...but that certainly seems to be an issue, people unable to play anymore due to not having any way to access a dial-up ISP for whatever reason...shame

Anyway..anybody with any less valid excuses? Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

fanoid
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:30 am
quote : #5
Well heres mine lol Sad

Well has i think some of u guys no my isp wont connect to max pool aswell as starlancer and 4x4 evo. but it will connect fine to PSO, quake and f355. Im really gutted about this, when u guys 1st got the patch i played max pool one nite from 8pm till 4am its really addictive online and sooooooooo many peoplei couldnt beleve it.

Here i was using an isp called uku and this would connect to all online dc but i went back and tried this a few weeks back and i couldnt get it to connect with max pool, starlancer, 4x4 but connect fine with dreamkey 3. wierd eh Sad

Maybe there has been a change at the isp or maybe im doing something wrong in the settings, any help would be great as im quite stuck i'll leave a few question below that mite help. (P.S im in uk)

1. Any know of an isp that 100% works with max pool ?

2 What are u guys using to input your isp details (I have quake, dreamkey 3, 4x4, planetweb 2.6)

3. Tone or Pulse, does this make a differnce ? ?

Please, please, please......someone help me lol. I really wanna get playing these games and max pool the most.

Cheers

Fanoid

(Edit) - i have re downloaded the patch on 2 differnt memory cards and tried 2 differnt dreamcasts

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:35 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
fanoid wrote:
1. Any know of an isp that 100% works with max pool ?

the ISP that comes with dreamkey 3 works perfectly with it, but i think its charged to your phone bill.

fanoid wrote:
2 What are u guys using to input your isp details (I have quake, dreamkey 3, 4x4, planetweb 2.6)?

i used DK3 but planetweb doesnt seem to go online unless u config with planetweb, so its realy a gud idea if you use both for config.

fanoid wrote:
3. Tone or Pulse, does this make a differnce ? ? ?

use Tone (pulse is a different way of dialing) but always stick with tone as thats what makes that funy noise when u connect Smile

always make sure the VMU with the patch on is in port 1 of the controller in the first controller port of your DC.

Finaly my excuse......I dont like this game, ive already said this in another thread tho.... if you realy want me to play i might turn up for a game sum time Smile
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:20 pm
quote : #7
I like this game like the number of people and all, its just I'm not actually allowed to play DC games during school year. That's my excuse and I hate it. Luckily I've gotten a 3.8 this year (way up from my 3.0 last year) so hopefully with some love and brown-nosing, I'll be able to play this baby with you all again.
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:38 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Quote Mcmonkey

Finaly my excuse......I dont like this game, ive already said this in another thread tho.... if you realy want me to play i might turn up for a game sum time

END QUOTE

No not much point if you dont like it. Disagre on the reason though, the controls for this game are as easy as Pac-man.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:48 pm
quote : #9
Blast wrote:
Quote Mcmonkey

Finaly my excuse......I dont like this game, ive already said this in another thread tho.... if you realy want me to play i might turn up for a game sum time

END QUOTE

No not much point if you dont like it. Disagre on the reason though, the controls for this game are as easy as Pac-man.

Laters

i just dont like using the d pad
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:21 pm
quote : #10
Wow yeh thats such hardship I must admit. My parents TV remotre broke a week ago and they havent seen any TV since. My dad says he just wont get up and turn that sucker on 70's style with the button on the set its just too much hardship. I was gonna buy a master system at a car boot the other day my memories were floding back of my child hood, such bliss. Then I rememberd that D-pad and my dreams were shatterd, it totaly destroyed my Master system revival.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:36 am
quote : #11
d pad and 3d games dont mix well, and the dreamcast d pad is terrible to use sumtimes and for me this is one of those times.
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:40 pm
quote : #12
I managed to get a free ISP to work Very Happy

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:37 pm
quote : #13
You certainly all seem to have your problems with this game for one reason or another...shame really Sad

Congrats axlrose2k5 perhaps we'll see you online sometime? Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

axlrose2k5
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:49 pm
quote : #14
You will see me online sometime if the phone line is not tied up.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:57 pm
quote : #15
axlrose2k5 wrote:
You will see me online sometime if the phone line is not tied up.

Or your allergic to D-pads, have parents that eat DC's etc etc. Only joking welcome to the 3D world of easy to control maximum pool. Hope to see you online soon.

Laters