Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
Previous  1, 2
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:15 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Well I guess I need to track down 2 or three of them then, cuz I'll be 65 and still playing PSO on DC hopefully. Mr. Green
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:03 am
quote : #17
I think its beyond me being just hopefull, but I think they will at least have a suprise of some sort for the dreamcast players. SEGA are well aware we exsist and if they're celebrating 5 years, I'm sure we'll get at least an event. (think a smaller scale version of Sonic's 10 Year Anniversary).

But I think the main reason for this publicity is for PhantasyStarUniverse. SEGA need to boost some demand seeing as few people play the Xbox version anymore. I'm unsure of the GC and Blue Burst.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:32 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
They won't do any special events on the Dreamcast version of PSO. They are far too busy keeping GC pso current with the holiday events, adding all the past quests to Blue Burst, as well as working on completing and polishing Phantasy Star Universe. It's just not going to happen. Period.

What you can hope for is plenty of Dreamcast historical coverage relating to PSO when they launch the anniversary website.
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:40 pm
quote : #19
OMFG! ^__^

Hope they give us a small bonus quest. ;_;
Posted:
Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:05 am
quote : #20
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
They won't do any special events on the Dreamcast version of PSO. They are far too busy keeping GC pso current with the holiday events, adding all the past quests to Blue Burst, as well as working on completing and polishing Phantasy Star Universe. It's just not going to happen. Period.

What you can hope for is plenty of Dreamcast historical coverage relating to PSO when they launch the anniversary website.

well nikon they have done something new taht hasnt happened in years. There are halloween decorations up!! Smile
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:34 am
quote : #21
Yeh I played the other day and the music for the city was different and there were fireworks and decorations hanging up in the air. Perhaps we could get at least something, this is a celebration of the DC(not GC). But anyway this game is a classic and deserves all the celebration it gets. This site will be a great tribute to a great game. Three cheers for PSO! Smile Smile Very Happy Smile Smile Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:21 am
quote : #22
lozz wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

well nikon they have done something new taht hasnt happened in years. There are halloween decorations up!! Smile

The Halloween Decorations are up every year. They were up last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Same with Christmas and Valentines Day. Sonic Team doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to get those to come up. Either its setup to automatically enable the decorations on Pioneer 2 on a certain date, or they change a simple setting in the server configs. Its most likely automatic.

They won't be adding any new quests or events to the Dreamcast version. It would require getting a team together, having meetings, designing the quest, developing it, and putting it online. They have too many other things to worry about right now.

All logic points to no quest.

What we will get is a website, in japanese, covering the history of PSO. It might be very very simple and have nothing special at all, or it might have some great content. The Virtual On Anniversary page is up, and its nothing more than a splash page with links to other virtual on websites.

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:23 am:

hebe wrote:
Perhaps we could get at least something, this is a celebration of the DC(not GC).

The Anniversary is not a dedicated to the Dreamcast, but Phantasy Star Online. It is a celebration of PSO on all platforms: DC,GC,XB,PC

Dreamcast users will not be getting anything in terms of game content.
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #23
lordnikon wrote:
lozz wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

The Halloween Decorations are up every year. They were up last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Same with Christmas and Valentines Day. Sonic Team doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to get those to come up. Either its setup to automatically enable the decorations on Pioneer 2 on a certain date, or they change a simple setting in the server configs. Its most likely automatic.

They won't be adding any new quests or events to the Dreamcast version. It would require getting a team together, having meetings, designing the quest, developing it, and putting it online. They have too many other things to worry about right now.

All logic points to no quest.

What we will get is a website, in japanese, covering the history of PSO. It might be very very simple and have nothing special at all, or it might have some great content. The Virtual On Anniversary page is up, and its nothing more than a splash page with links to other virtual on websites.

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:23 am:

hebe wrote:
Perhaps we could get at least something, this is a celebration of the DC(not GC).

The Anniversary is not a dedicated to the Dreamcast, but Phantasy Star Online. It is a celebration of PSO on all platforms: DC,GC,XB,PC

Dreamcast users will not be getting anything in terms of game content.

sorry i didn't think that had happened in a long time! oh well, there are loads of new players coming into the game, i joined about 3 months ago and i've brought in a few mates aswell and there are always newbies coming into these forums.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:49 am
quote : #24
hmmm been thinking but we actually get something out of it , the fact that the game is still online and that its free !!!
Come on guys remember that every other version on cube, xbox and pc they all have to pay .

And we get to play online all for free and still get some stufff like the decorations.

I would say thats a really good deal Wink , no new quest or anything but its still nice to play it online after 5 great years have gone past.

Long may it live for at least another year

All my 3 diogo sure want to keep playing online for as long as possible Laughing

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:16 pm
quote : #25
Im not trying to take the wind out of anyones sails. Some of your added replies seem to think I am somehow downplaying Dreamcast PSO. I'm merely being realistic. So far logically all signs point to Dreamcast PSO no longer recieving any quests or content updates.

As far as Holiday decorations, they are still special because they only come up during each holiday. So enjoy them while you can. Also Dreamcast users are somewhat lucky. Because sega has them setup to auto update, we will get our decorations like clockwork every holiday right on time. However other versions of PSO require that sega put them up. Which means they get put up sometimes ontime, and othertimes way off schedule. In-fact Xbox sometimes receives holiday updates late, after a holiday has already passed.

Also doesnt the Dreamcast version 2 still have access to downloadable quests? jp ones? None of the other console versions of PSO have had download quests. The function was broken or something so Sega never used it. So far only PSO Ep3 has had a download quest. Which you have to complete a series of other quests to even have access to the quest.

Trust me there is still a lot to celebrate about with Dreamcast PSO and it is a great place to play PSO on.

I'm merely trying to point out that Sega will probobly not be adding any special treatment in terms of Dreamcast specific quests or game content in relation to the upcoming Anniversary. Do I have definative proof of this? No. I just have the information made available, and trends in the gaming industry in terms of game design. All of which point to Sonic Team not releasing any new content for the Dreamcast version.
Posted:
Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:31 am
quote : #26
lordnikon wrote:
Also doesnt the Dreamcast version 2 still have access to downloadable quests? jp ones? None of the other console versions of PSO have had download quests. The function was broken or something so Sega never used it. So far only PSO Ep3 has had a download quest. Which you have to complete a series of other quests to even have access to the quest.

wait a mo, the xbox version of PSO had downloadable quests near the beggining of its life (not sure wiether it does now).
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:55 pm
quote : #27
Yes you are correct. The xbox version did have Central Dome Fire Swirl for download. Forgot about that one, my mistake.
Posted:
Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:48 am
quote : #28
oh yeah I got the fire dome mission downloaded the other day really cool.

But what made me post was this guys its japonese but still looks cool plus you get the option to then navigate to each section of pso on all consoles !

http://pso5.jp/

I recommend you all to google translate it because youll enjoy it more that way Smile

wow check out the comics too they are so funny .

djknitex
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:23 pm
quote : #29
oh that is very cool!