Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So I've played Quake 3 online many, MANY times and never gotten this message before. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should do? Thanks for your time.

_Nibel_
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:45 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
need a bit more info. are you on dialup or broadband?

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:59 am
quote : #3
dial up
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:59 am
quote : #4
hi i know how delete that problem you got. i had same problem about 1 year ago. you have to change dns1 for 0.0.0.0 and dns 2 number for 0.0.0.0 im sure it will help you coz it not looking for ouotputs so dreamcast might easy find master server. post here if it helps you.
GOOD LUCK
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:36 pm
quote : #5
damn, it didn't work... any other suggestions?
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:39 pm
quote : #6
I had the same, exact problem with dial up and this game. Eventually, it would connect but it was never dependable. My ping would start out good then I would get interrupted ALL THE TIME. The only reliable solution was the BBA and soon I always got connected with pings less than 60. I suggest you keep trying to connect the same way you always have and hope it resolves. If not, either a new isp or broadband might be your only choice. If you have a friend with a DSL account, ask if they got a free dial up service with it. I do, and my sister uses it for DC games now. Good luck!

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:48 am
quote : #7
Oh no our quake games are going to be ruined . Try the following just put in everything exactly as you are on dial up details , like password and username and also the ip number you got and dont forget that perhaps its to do with how you connect , so just restart it and it should work .

Arghh sorry what Im trying to say is that you know sometimes it doesnt connect because your isp isnt strong enough to get to the master lsist so yeah keep trying and hope it works!

mkfanatic
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:11 am
quote : #8
Just make sure all your isp information is correct and use 0.0.0.0 for BOTH DNS numbers. If it doesn't work, restart your Dreamcast and it should work.