Page 1 of 1
willis
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was wondering wich is THE best vga box to use. I've heard that the one made by Performance is really good but then i heard the one made by Blaze was too. So if anyone knows about a better one or if one of these is the best let me know. More importantly if anyone has one for sale or if there is a website selling them, that would be awesome. Oh man, one more question....LCD or CRT??

- out Shocked

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:14 pm
quote : #2
Performance is the best. It has a VGA IN so you don't have to switch between your computer and your Dreamcast for the use of the monitor. CRT is better because everything feels more crisp than an LCD monitor.
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:17 pm
quote : #3
Woe....it has a VGA switch built in?
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
quote : #4
Yes. I posted a lot of information about the Performance VGA box in another thread somewhere.

The switch is automatic, so if you're working on your PC and turn on the Dreamcast, it will automatically switch over to the input from the DC. There is also a switch on it to change the output from VGA to audio / video out. It has the standard S-Video, composite/audio/video out, and VGA/stereo jack outputs.

It's a pretty good VGA box. I also have one that's in a clear case, but it doesn't have a VGA out.

willis
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:43 am
quote : #5
So is there any place to buy the performance vga box? or do you have one to sell?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:38 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
hi, i have one which looks liek its official its just called "dc vga" on the box its in red writing. that works amazing, no vga switch built in though.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
stumpy
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:51 am
quote : #7
Wow, look at that. ist post. I have the performace VGA box and I can not seem to get it to work right. It works well through my television using the RCA leads, but when I try on my computer monitor all the games that work have a funny hue to them. While playing Quake or Rush, everything is extremly blue. Sometimes I have to start the game with with the switch to TV, then switch to monitor after it has loaded in order to work. I was going to take the thing apart, but not much I could do anyways. This must be a problem with the box, right? Regardless, I still use it for my televison and it works great.

jendri
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:14 pm
quote : #8
lozz wrote:
hi, i have one which looks liek its official its just called "dc vga" on the box its in red writing. that works amazing, no vga switch built in though.

Yae i have the same one. Works great. Never had a problem with it. I recomend you get one. =)