Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
petrolhead
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Myy Dreamcast works ok, no problems with any games untill now.
Sega Rally 2 keeps on crashing and restarting the console, i can see no reason for this, the console works without fault on all my other games and the SG2 disc is in a reasonable condition.

Any idea's?

My DC does not get hammered and has not had a hard life....i'm hoping it's just a dodgy game.
No other game has ever crashed/failed before and only SG2 has this problem, even cleaned the disc, no difference and it crashes at different times ??

PS. Sonic Adventure, what a fabulous game, only just got it.
Is SA 2 any better than 1 ?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Not really. I was getting ready to write a review for SA soon. I've only played a little bit of SA2, but after recently finishing the first one, the second one just isn't as impressive. The storyline is way too choppy in the beginning. Although a linear storyline doesn't offer a lot of freedom, it really worked well for the first SA. Everything was laid out in an easy to follow progression. There's just too much happening too soon with the second one. I'm still only at the beginning of SA2 (I'm in the Halloween area with Knuckles).

As for Sega Rally 2, does it crash at any one particular point, or is it random? You may have the problem where your pins that contact the leads on the power supply board aren't making full contact and cause the system to reboot. Is it a full restart of the console, or do you get kicked back to the DC bios menu? If it's a full restart, it's hardware related. If you get kicked backed to the bios screen, they you have a faulty disc.

petrolhead
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:55 am
quote : #3
I've been playing SA most of the day and not had a single fault.
Surely it's not the console.....It would have faults playing all games??

ps, During SR2 it restarts the console.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:58 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
ive always prefered SA2 to SA as the camera in SA is just top bad for me to be able to play most of the game, i think the camera was greatly improved in SA2 but it still has its problems. There were realy too many bugs in SA aswell like the falling through the floor one, i have never encountered any of these bugs in SA2 and the Chao mode has been greatly inproved in SA2 and there is also a pretty good kart racing mode to be unlocked aswell.
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 am
quote : #5
I'm guessing your disc is just dodgy.

As for SA1 to SA2... I prefer SA2 for only 9 reasons: City Escape, Radical Highway, Rail Canyon, Metal Harbor, White Jungle, Green Forest, Crazy Gadget, Final Rush, and Pyramid Cave. The racing levels are godly. Notice how I left out Shadow's last level. The only flaws in SA2 are the Shooting and the Hunting levels. SA1, overall, has a better plot and none of the 6 gameplay modes are dull... well sometimes Amy's is. It also features my favorite character: Big the Cat. His fishing isn't that fun, but I just love the personality and character traits of Big. Plus, he's voiced by Duke Nukem.
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:15 am
quote : #6
i thought the shooter levels and the treasure hunting levels were all right, just no where near as gud as sonics and shadows levels
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 am
quote : #7
They were right about SA's real final level being one of the best final levels ever. I loved it. The music was perfect.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:54 am
quote : #8
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
They were right about SA's real final level being one of the best final levels ever. I loved it. The music was perfect.

is this level where u play as super sonic?
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:46 pm
quote : #9
i have the same problem with the DC going back to the bios randomly. dose your DC think the lids open? cause thats whats wrong with mine, i believe the switch that senses when the lid is closed is faulty, so for a temporary solution i just taped the thing down.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
petrolhead
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:11 pm
quote : #10
It's strange, it only does it with SR2, no other game has ever failed.
I played SA for a few hours today and it never failed once.

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:02 am
quote : #11
mcmonkey wrote:
Is this level where u play as super sonic?

Yeah, that's the one.

Petrolhead, I'm going to say it's just the game itself. I know that I have a lot of trouble with Quake III randomly rebooting. You might want to wait until the problem extends to other games, but there is a tutorial for tweaking the potentiometer on the laser so it can focus. I wouldn't advise trying it out until you have the problem with more than one game.

Really look the game over. Even the smallest scratch can cause problems; especially with GD-ROM discs.