Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
http://www.ntsc-uk.com/feature.php?featuretype=ret&fea=FulfilyourDreams
I don't agree with all of it, but it is intruiging.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:51 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just so people don't skim the above article and get the wrong impression, the article deals with memories related to the Dreamcast, rather than a historical analysis. So anyone heading into this thread please stay away from getting into stuff that violates rule#1 on the forum rules. Thank you.

Reading memories in relation to the Dreamcast is always enjoyable. Most of these are pretty well written. While there are some discrepancies here and there, some parts are really spot on. Here are some high points of the article, and I will underline certain parts that I extremly agree with:

--

"That's how I'd sum up the Dreamcast. From BBAs to Cameras to floating sensor things, the market wasn't ready." -Robert White

"For me the Dreamcast represented the pinnacle of console design. A machine and a manufacturer that wasn’t afraid to stick two fingers up to conventional wisdom. Online support from the box, memory cards with little screens in them and a library of games which made the competitions’ offerings look tired and formulaic." -Trevor Bradbury

"Games that can be picked up and dropped at will, without having to remember vast plots and locations. Arcade games. The Dreamcast has most genres covered, but its hardware has provided an easy platform for home arcade conversions - A modern day Neo Geo if you will." -Charles Rodmell

"Despite its brutally short life, more was achieved than in most 6-year reigns, and it was bold enough to dare gaming eccentricity (Shenmue) and visual oddity (Jet Set Radio). I lapped it all up. My greatest fear is that we’ll never see its like again." -Stuart Peake

"What strikes me hardest about the Dreamcast is the sheer emotion accompanying it. Bordering on fanatical, the fanfare that surrounds each not so final gasp sets the internet ringing with the sound of VMUs being clicked into place." -Geoff Denyer

"– every so often someone, somewhere, will proffer the opinion that videogames don’t or can’t provoke tangible feelings. Dreamcast fans will beg to differ." -Jonathan Mace

Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:17 am
quote : #3
good quotes Mr Nikon.