Topic: New gamer

Page 1 of 1
HUmar_Dean
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys i bought this game from u nerd,hey dude,im getting a dreamcast soon as ive been using a treamcast im looking to play this on l ine what is the only game like is it just death matches?Hope to see you guys soon.^_^

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:10 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Starlancer has a variety of gameplay modes, besides just deathmatch.

Modes include the following:
-Asteroid Arena (deathmatch)
-Hunt the Shadow
-Vampire
-Tag Bomb
-Nuclear Threat
-Dark Reign

The dogfights are intense and some of the best dog fights I have ever had in game like this.

You can optionally turn on turrets which will sit attached to asteroids and shoot any player that comes into range. This increases the action, however can also increase potential lag. (not too much, just very slightly)

The only drawback to starlancer online mode is that there are no maps, just basically the environment you are put in to play each mode. Also the game has no end for the round. So basically it just goes on forever until people quit and start a new match, or when people have had their fill.

Starlancers online performance is superb though, allowing for a solid 6 player match with no lag, depending on who created the game. Usually when I host games I can host a 6 player game no problem, as I have a stable dialup connection. Some other users can only support a 4 or 5 player game. But, all in all the game performs superb online.

Also the chat room in the lobby is insanely small, but, once you get into the game, you can type full sentences and chat a lot better.
Posted:
Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:36 am
quote : #3
Welcome to the world of Starlancer Dean! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! As nikon said, it's a great game to play online. Fancy a game this Friday? 9:00PM GMT? PM me. Hope to play with you soon! Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:55 am
quote : #4
Hey guys unfortunately i cant get a hold of a dreamcast,and im going to new york to see my girlfriend,so i wont be able to get one till atleast jan some time ;-;

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:25 pm
quote : #5
Can't Treamcast hook up to the internet anyway?