Topic: Fraggin' Fridays Proposal

Page 1 of 1
lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I realize that people have work and school and whatnot, so having Fraggin' Fridays at 10:30 pm, -6 GMT, seems more reasonable for us gamers on the western side of the the pond. Perhaps, so as not to exclude our European compadres, we could have two sessions on Fridays. This, of course, would depend on the interest from European gamers. Maybe something like 6 pm, -6 GMT, and the scheduled 10:30 pm? I don't know, just a thought. But if this makes no sense, then disregard my ramblings. Hey, Final Exams are this week, so I'm a bit loopy right now.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:17 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I understand this. However the real decision in the time selection for Fraggin Fridays on quake 3 is to replace an game slot for a game that has since been offline. This websited started in May of 2003. Well in early febuary i had aquirred a copy of Outtrigger. I had never played it online before. Let along offline.

So I boot up the game on a saturday night. Around 10:30. To my suprise....there were people online! Slayn from brazil and Grubensau from germany. They were just as shocked as I was. Well from that time on. We were playing Outtrigger every Friday and Saturday night for about 4 months str8 until...the servers went down. It was a big social thing and was probobly the biggest and best online gaming nights dreamcast online gaming has had in quite a while. I believe we were hitting peaks of 10 people in the heavy nights. Atleast 2 full games going at times. It was a place to chat about games, hang out, and get some good gaming going on.

A lot of people here at onlineconsoles met each other first....through Outtrigger. So I am setting up some dedicated regular games in these timeslots again. It just really helped out the community and people met a lot more people it was really kool. People made it a point to show up, and people all looked forward to it. So this is the reason for the 10:30PM time slot.

Also, what will be on saturdays is I am probobly gonna run, Starlancer Saturdays. I'm sure the week will fill up with plenty of times for EUR gamers to get some gaming going on as the community continues to grow. And also, who knows, people might just hop on Q3 and start the festivities earlier on fridays.

Even in the past with outtrigger, as things started to get crankin again, people were starting to sneak on during the week.

-----

Man completly forgot its finals season. MAN, *reflects back on school* yea thats right, finals is a nightmare. Good Luck though!
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:56 am
quote : #3
Friday night is Sat morning for europe (5.30 am germany / 4.30 am UK).... thats a real social gametime Razz (for outtrigger I stand up at 3.00 am!!!)
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:40 pm
quote : #4
Two times is good idea, because I just can't make any of the Worms games for example because they are too early