Topic: Starlancer

Page 1 of 1
Dostuff
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I joined in Friday the 27th for the first time in about 6 years and had alot of fun and will try to join more often. I was wondering what game modes are played and if any support missles in the mix of weapons?

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:10 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you connect to the internet and start your own game, you can read the rules to the six different game modes. The standard Asteroid Arena is most popular. Nuke Threat, Bomb Tag, and Dark Reign used to be as well, but the number of people playing has been pretty low recently.

About missiles: the only way to get is missile is to fly through a powerup (purple orbs floating around the arena). You might get a missile or another powerup. If you get a missile, you can wait for it to lock-on to an enemy and fire it. Keep the enemy infront of you AND within 100k distance or else you will lose the lock and the missile explodes. You can also fire the missile without a lock, but it will only go straight.

Last edited by Mertens on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:50 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
though if you know what ur doing mines seem more effective than missles Twisted Evil

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:26 pm
quote : #4
Is it just me, or does it seem like when you pick up a missile and launch it before picking up another item, the odds seem in favor of getting another one? The same seems to apply with mines, which leads me to mining areas like crazy and buying the farm all over the place. Maybe this is just coincidence, or something I'm imagining.

Also, I'm a huge outspoken fan of Bomb Tag. I think that we need to organize more games in the future that utilize that mode.
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:42 pm
quote : #5
Tao wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like when you pick up a missile and launch it before picking up another item, the odds seem in favor of getting another one? The same seems to apply with mines, which leads me to mining areas like crazy and buying the farm all over the place. Maybe this is just coincidence, or something I'm imagining.

In Starlancer, all item pick-ups are on a (approximately) 15-20 second rotation, and they are all synchronized to the same rotation. So, if you pick up a mine or missile, deploy it, and then go for another item all within 15 seconds, there is a good chance you will get the same item again. You would need to be lucky and pick up the first item at the beginning of the cycle so that you would have time to go back for a second or third. In the case of mines, since there is a glitch that lets players deploy up to 10 mines in a string with only one powerup, that can lead to a lot explosions Twisted Evil

Does that help Tao?
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:50 pm
quote : #6
Tao wrote:
Does that help Tao?

Yessir it does! Now can you tell me why I die so goddamn much?
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:10 pm
quote : #7
Tao...

My mines, they stick around even when I'm not there Laughing
Posted:
Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:32 am
quote : #8
Tao wrote:
Now can you tell me why I die so goddamn much?

I secretly always target you...oops, did I type that outloud?