Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
willis
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello all..... i stumbled across this site and wandered into the message boards, and this whole web site is very cool. Now i just signed up and i hope anyone here can help me (and i apologize if this has been posted before). I know Propeller Arena and Half-Life never got the justice they diserved by getting released. Does anyone here have or know how to get the cd artwork from these games or like the instruction booklets, or possibly back insert artwork? I didn't know if anyone had those images or even made up their own, but i was just curious if i could just print out nice copies the these and make myself a respectable Dreamcast cd with case 'n all. Hopefully someone here knows what i'm babblin' about and done this too. Anyway, any help / info would be very appreciated !!

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:15 am
quote : #2
Well you can download and print unofficial covers(as well as the official one) from http://www.cdcovers.cc/dreamcast_h.php.

Not sure about manuel though.
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:17 am
quote : #3
Here is a feature on the game: Click Here

Click the links for images, artwork, and level shots. I could have sworn I have these on my PC without watermarks. Driving me nuts trying to find them. Anyways if you were to make a new fanbased cover, that artwork above should help. I'll post back if I find anything else.
Posted:
Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #4
Thanks for the info guys !!!!

yeah, if you do find out anything else please let me know.

tokyoracer
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:10 pm
quote : #5
All thanks to the bastards for destroying the towers Evil or Very Mad still no sign of the game manual?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:07 am
quote : #6
tokyoracer wrote:
All thanks to the bastards for destroying the towers Evil or Very Mad still no sign of the game manual?

Better the complete game than the game manual, eh? Also, the towers could've been ignored by Sega and they could've released the game anyway. Personally, I think that Sega wasn't seriously thinking about releasing it so late in its "life", and 9/11 finally gave them the excuse they needed to save some money and not have to worry about keeping yet another few servers stable.
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:22 am
quote : #7
No way. They lost money not releasing the game. The developers spent months working on this game. These employees had to be paid, and money was most definatly spent on various other elements relating to the project.
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:18 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
No way. They lost money not releasing the game. The developers spent months working on this game. These employees had to be paid, and money was most definatly spent on various other elements relating to the project.

yeh they would of lost out on some kind of profit from not releasing the game, but i don't think it was because of 9/11, what was teh excuse for half-life?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:55 pm
quote : #9
9/11 was indeed the cause for Propeller Arena not being released. Sega was afraid gamers would simulate the events of 9/11 online with Propeller Arena. Sega was in the middle of shifting their business infastructure. They didn't need that kind of bad press, and it wasn't worth the risk for them to release the game. While I hate to admit it, as I love Propeller Arena, they made the right decision.

From experience playing games online on a variety of platforms, I can say people would definatly be re-enacting 9/11 at the time.

People online in competaive First Person Shooters, with voice chat outright say racial slurs to each other while playing. There are jackass's out there that are this mad, angry, and confrontational. People feed off of this type of attention. Insecure gamers would do this online just to get everyone else playing the game to take notice of him, putting them at the center of the discussion.

Sega made the right move on this one.
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:03 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
9/11 was indeed the cause for Propeller Arena not being released. Sega was afraid gamers would simulate the events of 9/11 online with Propeller Arena. Sega was in the middle of shifting their business infastructure. They didn't need that kind of bad press, and it wasn't worth the risk for them to release the game. While I hate to admit it, as I love Propeller Arena, they made the right decision.

From experience playing games online on a variety of platforms, I can say people would definatly be re-enacting 9/11 at the time.

People online in competaive First Person Shooters, with voice chat outright say racial slurs to each other while playing. There are jackass's out there that are this mad, angry, and confrontational. People feed off of this type of attention. Insecure gamers would do this online just to get everyone else playing the game to take notice of him, putting them at the center of the discussion.

Sega made the right move on this one.

i think this sums up what ur trying to say http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:51 pm
quote : #11
Yep you are correct Smile
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:32 pm
quote : #12
hebe wrote:
Well you can download and print unofficial covers(as well as the official one) from http://www.cdcovers.cc/dreamcast_h.php.

Not sure about manuel though.

oooo.

My dad makes DVD boxes on their,
i been and made a propeller arena box on dads PC Very Happy

If i can find a site with the printable disk picture on, ill make an official looking disk too Very Happy

Adam.

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:56 am
quote : #13
Always thought this was cool to see as they release the guides before the games:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/2a/78/22_1.JPG
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:37 pm
quote : #14
kontact wrote:
Always thought this was cool to see as they release the guides before the games:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/2a/78/22_1.JPG

hahaha, prima must of felt stupid when the game didnt release
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
MetaFox
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:19 am
quote : #15
lozz wrote:
hahaha, prima must of felt stupid when the game didnt release

Prima sued Sierra and Valve for a breach of contract. The game actually "went gold", which in industry terms means that the game was past the testing phases and a master disc was pressed that was meant to be used as the base for the final copies.

There are also rumors (which are all pure speculation, but judging from the facts that have come out surrounding the release, I don't doubt that this is true) that Sony paid Sierra and Valve a large sum of money to release the game on their system as an exclusive, so Half-Life for the Dreamcast was scrapped even though it was finished.