Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I remember playing online, and I don't know if it was a glitch or only in a certain game mode, but one ship would lay a string of mines behind it. Maybe it was the crusader?
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:44 am
quote : #2
I haven't seen that yet. Just the normal mines after you get the pickup.
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I remember playing online, and I don't know if it was a glitch or only in a certain game mode, but one ship would lay a string of mines behind it. Maybe it was the crusader?

There are no ships that have mines as a standard weapon, but any ship can get them if they fly through a powerup and happen to get a mine.

What you are talking about could be considered a glitch. It mostly has to do with lag. When a player has a mine, they deploy it by pressing the missile button (B). If a player is not the host, they can push the button multiple times very quickly, and leave a string of mines behind them. My record (that I know of) is nine in a row. However, whenever I was the host, I could not deploy multiple mines. I've noticed that when I am not hosting a deploy mines, there is a small, almost insignificant framerate glitch that I have gotten so used to, I don't even notice it. I suspect that in the fraction of a second this glitch occurs, players can deploy multiple mines. The glitch doesn't seem to happen when I host, although in the heat of the moment, I don't really pay that much attention to it.
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:42 am
quote : #4
If it is a glitch, it sure is an interesting one. I find it adds a but more to the gameplay even. I don't necessarily see it as cheating or any sort of advantage. Since you can clearly see the string of mines on the screen in a straight line.

I could have sworn it was an alternative attack method from one of the ships though. Like if you picked up a mine with a certain ship it would have the ability to drop multiples in sequence.

However it probobly is a glitch caused by latency.
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
there is a thing called couter mesures, when you lauch a missile, the oponent will lauch stuff so the missile wont hit him, and..... you also have couter mesures, there is a limit but it is necessary.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:53 pm
quote : #6
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
there is a thing called couter mesures, when you lauch a missile, the oponent will lauch stuff so the missile wont hit him, and..... you also have couter mesures, there is a limit but it is necessary.

This topic wasn't about the countermeasuers. Those also come in a powerup, I think 3 countermeasures at a time. In the single-player campaign, you always start with 29 countermeasures (more than enough), but in multiplayer, everyone starts with 0. Also, in multiplayer, when you die, you do not respawn with your countermeasure supply. From experience, I can say countermeasures are not as reliable in multiplayer as they are in singleplayer. Same goes for that EMP thing wolverines have to electronically make a missile lose its lock.

What Nikon was talking about are mines that a player can leave anywhere in the arena. When another player (and sometimes, even the same player who deployed the mine) gets too close, it explodes and kills them. The mines stay stationary, but can be quite deadly when deployed at the right time and the right spot.
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
didn't know that, thanks