Topic: F355 MEETING TIMES

Page 1 of 1
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi, There's F355 races every Tuesday + Thursday at 9:00:00pm GMT. We go again right after the replay.
You have to be there on the mark because the game starts when no-one's joined for 20 secs.
We get the time from Channel 4 teletext (UK tv).

If you get out of the loop, the other tracks are at about 9:10, 9:21, 9:37, 9:51, 10:08 (depends how may ppl are there)

Lonewolf makes race reports at usuarios.lycos.es/dreamennia/board

There's races every day at 2:00:00pm GMT. This is the Japanese meet (everyone welcome though).
They go every 20 minutes here, so time for a quick practise between games!

The Grip World Championship is this Saturday (27th) at 2:00:00pm GMT. Races every 25 mins this time (to allow for long replay loading times) so.....
2:00. 2:25, 2:50, 3:15, 3:40, 4:05
If you don't make the top 8 there's a second chance at qualifying 5 mins later. I hope i see some of you guys on the track soon. bye

qatmix
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:46 pm
quote : #2
great stuff.

F355 is my favourite, I didnt realise there were regular meets. Ive been playing PGR 2 but f355 still is my favourite.

I will see yuo guys online soon, I only wish it worked with BBA. I might even be able to play the grip championship

Cheers
Q
Posted:
Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:06 pm
quote : #3
Glad to know that there are some people that continue to play the game and have regularly scheduled events. I'll definitely try and show up to some of them, now that break has begun. I'll look to see you guys online. Smile

(By the way, nikon, great job with the DC template, I'm using my DC to browse right now, everything runs blazing fast.)

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:59 am
quote : #4
Hi Tao and qatmix!!!

I can't believe there's other F355 players going to join us. GREAT!
I should have guessed though. It was aaages before i knew there were F355 communities. I only joined them when someone told me during a net-race (in the 12 characters you've got as your name).

There's not as many folk on these days as when i got this game last year, and even then it'd been going for years. But yesterday there were 6 racers at the 2:00pm GMT Japanese meet and also 6 at the GSE meeting last night at 9:00pm.
There were a few missing last night, so full grids were possible again, but there's sometimes just 2 or 3 ppl. It'd be great if you could join us. If anyone is a newbie then i have some tips that help BIG time, so don't worry.

I got a PS2 a few months back, stopped F355 and got into GT3 and F1 2002. They're great games, but not a patch on 355.

qatmix, what's BBA? Bye

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:35 am
quote : #5
hey jools!

I am actually a HUGE newbie to the game, but I do have a steering wheel, which might even things out a little bit. 6 players...is just amazing. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, the timezones through me off. I noticed that you were in GMT +0, and I'm GMT -7, it gets kind of confusing. But I will almost definitely show at the next games scheduled. Are you still planning to play on Christmas Day?

By the way, what qatmix meant when he said he wished the game was BBA compatible was that he wished F355 challenge was compatible with the broadband adapter, a device released by Sega that allowed you to play online games using a high speed connection--DSL or Cable. The only game that currently supports that and is online is Quake III.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:14 am
quote : #6
Hi Tao Smile

Sorry i didn't see your post in time or i might have met up for a game yesterday. i was getting a bit bored by the afternoon.

I'll be on at 2:00pm GMT today (in about 3 hours) for a game with the Japanese guys. Hope you can make it. Post me here anytime if you wanna meet up m8.

Aaah, BBA. I see now. Can't get it here yet Sad

Hope everyone had a nice Xmas, bye.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:22 pm
quote : #7
hi, I didn't see any new racers at the Championship earlier. But there were 11 or 12 in most races so 3 or 4 ppl would be in the 2nd qualifying round, so i didn't see everyone.
There were great battles right throught the field. Nice replays, i love it when the grid's full.

qatmix
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:41 pm
quote : #8
I was there, im new to the world championships. Not to f355 though. Although today i was off form as ive been playing gotham and was a bit shell shocked playign a proper car game again..

the next one I will whoop yer asses Laughing
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:37 pm
quote : #9
cool i just got this game any tips.
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:52 am
quote : #10
Glad you made it qatmix! Yeah, it's hard racing F355 when you've been in another game.
I've never played PGR but i got stuck into GT3 recently. I've played loads of racing games, but 355 seems to make all the others feel like arcade car handling. Even the games that are supposed to be more like simulations. I think 355 is by far the best sim i've played, that's why i keep going back to it. I hope in future there's another racer with the same amazing car physics. F455?

If you're getting back into it, the Tu+Th meet @ 9:00pmGMT is a good one. There's racers of all abilities to climb your way up. (that's when we're all ther at once!) See ya.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:42 am
quote : #11
Hi Tony 2004, i didn't see your post earlier Smile

Yeah m8, i've got some tips.

You need a few kilometers on your car to really get the feel. i've done over 105,000 now. My car is held together with blue tack and sellotape.

Set the steering analogue % to about 60. (leave brake and accelerate at 100).
Put steering sensetivity at +3. Save your game.
This allows you to correct the car more quickly. It may take a few races to get used to this, but it really pays off.

FAST STARTS.....When you start a race, turn SC (slide control) off before you begin. Floor the gas JUST before "GO!". Turn SC back on after you're in 2nd gear.

FAST GEARS.....This makes a big difference to lap times. It's called H-Shifting. You go 2 up then 1 down. Sounds hard but isn't.
Just think of it as hitting red (A) quickly twice, but hit yellow (X) with the second hit. The arc of your thumb makes sure you always just hit yellow last. Keep your thumb close or touching the buttons, no big leaps off.
When changing from 5th to 6th, let off the accelerator as you press red, then back on the gas as you release red. This works for all gears but isn't as fast (K-Shifts).
With this and the SC-off start, you'll really fly off the grid.

Pick your braking markers and remember them. As well as the distance signs there's loads of bits of scenery to use.
Taking a super-quick glance at the speedo also helps judge corners.

DOWNLOAD ghost replays of laps just a wee bit faster than you. That's great fun and you see what lines/speed they're using.

Use the default set-up for practise (unless you're intent on a fast ghost lap). Online games are default set-up, so if you're used to tunings it'll throw you.

Hope that helps. It'll probably take a few 1000 KM before you really get a feel for the handling. Good Luck, see you on the track.