Topic: Sonic Adventure Mini-Events?

Page 1 of 1
Suxen
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
It's great to see a site has preserved all the online goodies Sega released, as otherwise I'd be lacking many of the nifty addons available from the Dreamarena. Great work guys.

I noticed some for Sonic Adventure I hadn't even seen before, namely themes and Mini Events. I'm in the UK, so it is possible they may not work for me as they say USA, though I think Themes for SA1/SA2 were universal so there weren't specific PAL/US/JP releases.

Anyway, I digress. I can't seem to get these to work so far, and I have the mini-event files on the same VMU as my main Sonic Adventure file. I hoped someone might have gotten them to work, so would be able to tell me what I'm missing out on Smile

Mini-Event (Japanese Event 1)
Mini-Event (Japanese Event 2)
Mini-Event (Knuckles - Mystic Ruins)
Mini-Event (Sonic - Speed Highway)
Mini-Event (Tails - Sand Hill)

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:18 pm
quote : #2
Well last time i tried them I believe that only one theme will work at a time. As for sonic (Speed highway) Or tails (sand hill) those will put Ads or stuff like that. I also wondered what Mini-Event (Japanese Event 1)
Mini-Event (Japanese Event 2) do?

Suxen
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:22 pm
quote : #3
Only ads? I didn't even notice the change, but I guess I'm not missing anything exciting (I only have one on the VMU at the time by the way, though thanks for mentioning it).

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:35 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
The only theme I've ever got to work on SA-1 is the sega christmas theme.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:50 am
quote : #5
I've been able to get loads to work, my favourite being the Dreamcast launch party! First of all make sure that you're downloading the correct files for your region, then save only one on the same Memory card as you main save file. Then be on the look out, as the changes won't affect any of the gameplay. Station square is where a lot of the events take place.
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:32 am
quote : #6
Only thing I've had problems with are the mini-events, I expected them to do something more noticable..

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:22 am
quote : #7
Well there are several which actually add things CLOSE to a new level. For example there was this one with a red ball in station square. When you jumped into it a message in Japanese came up(it's all region this one as well) and a timer. If someone could decifer just what the hell we are supposed to do with that one then it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:57 am
quote : #8
The one with the red ball. It was the one were you have to find five pictures that are hidden in each adventure field.
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:04 pm
quote : #9
rens of heavens wrote:
The one with the red ball. It was the one were you have to find five pictures that are hidden in each adventure field.

Of a cute little hedgehog. Smile

BTW speaking of events and stuff for SA, the site seems to be missing 3 files to make the entire set complete. One of course was the Reebok event, but the downloads to that file couldn't be downloaded because it was somehow corrupt. A 2nd Christmas event file only for Japan players (you can recognize this by the smaller trees and 3 different midi like tunes that play when touched). And I think the last is the event that...I think, didn't make any sense. It was an event file with a icon of a guy's head, when downloaded it didn't appear to do anything (but it could be something stage wise).

All three are on the XDP browser disk under game saves. It'd be nice to upload them here incase some of us don't want to use XDP.

EDIT:
http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/liste.php?lg=en&menu=off&mode=jeu&path=S%2Fsonic%2520adve nture

You'll find a butt load of crap in there. Smile