Topic: Chu Chu Rocket JP...

Page 1 of 1
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have recently received my Chu Chu Rocket I have ordered after hearing that the Japnese version still worked. I was able to find a real cheap one onebay for 11.50 (including shipping)

When it finally came today, I poped it in ready to finally see the Chu Chu servers once more (as some may have noticed, I am crazy for this game)

So it dialed up all good and stuff, and then something went wrong. At the "connecting to server" it freezes, JUST LIKE THE US VERSION It is all in japanese, but i can definatly tell it is at the same place because I dialed up Chu Chu Rocket servers daily for over 3 months in a row when it was up.

It was really disappointing. So whoever told us the JP version still worked (i think it was UKR, or maybe Dreamcast Magic) i got a question. Did you actually check to see if the servers would up or just assumed they were up. Cause me and my friend (who unfortunatly spent a lot more on it then I did) took your wod and bought it oly to be disappointed. Sad

Last edited by Chris5687 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:13 pm
quote : #2
I was the one who said the servers are up, and they are both its game page by Sega of Japan (which keeps them updated) says its up and so does Isao.net which runs the servers. You can check it out your self by going to the following pages, Im guesing something to do with isao.net similar to the problem I discovered after ordering Jap PSO my self. That or the fact that Jap games can't read ISP info saved by Planet Web browsers.

game page- in Jap- www.sega.co.jp/dc/db/990901.html
Isao.net list- basic translation- http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isao.net%2Fgames%2Fd cdata%2Fser9.html (listed on top of list "In the midst of service" for some reason Chu Chu Rocket could not be translated)

As you can see they are online, but like so many other games they may not be able to get online with them from States or UK

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:53 pm
quote : #3
I'm sure it reads the ISP info OK, as you can see the number it is dialing, and it is my regular number. Maybe I'll mess around with it a bit, but it appareed to be the exact same thing and nothing to do with the region it came from.

And I'm not sure how reliable the SEGA JP site is, cause according to this http://sega.com/games/dreamcast/post_dreamcastgame.jhtml?PRODID=225
Chu Chu Rocket is online in the US also.

I hope the sites are rights, but i reakky think they are down. However, I do understad why you would tell people it is online.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:33 pm
quote : #4
Well Isao.net is more reliable and is never wrong, I notice sometime Sega of Japan have let things fall in the crack and say they are online when they are not (but this is rare) but can't even be compared to SOA which are just lazy ass's. But Sega of Japan really does update their pages ... here is a example the page for Mars Matrix, just went down a week or so ago and they have it already listed on the page as offline.
http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/db/001107.html
Sorry for the hole thing, hope you can get it online.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:22 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Some people get pissed at me, and say many times "Damn Nikon are you calling me a liar? Why would I lie? Your a Dick". Because many times I refuse to believe people until they have actually seen with their own eyes and tested that services are indeed still working. Because when situations like this come along, it just sucks.

You know what, you should put up a message in the Net Related Software forum in the Internet On Dreamcast catagory. This might be a dricas problem. Curtis or some of the other PsiDreams heads can probobly find a tutorial or an answer to your problem. They have had a ton of experience with accessing japanese services. There is a way to bypass some games and access them from the united states, if they are still online. However it takes a dricas account and some meddling. is there anyway to see if Chu Chu requires a dricas/isao.net account? This might be the error your getting. Since a majority os japanese online games required a dricas account. Also if all else fails you might want to directly email sonic team on the matter.
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:37 am
quote : #6
Well I looked but its not listed as a game that requires a account. Only the following games require a Isao.net ID

Phantasy Star Online v. 1
Phantasy Star Online v. 2
Sega Karaoke (the hardware add on, allows you to download new songs, I think)
Guruguru Onsen 2
Guruguru Onsen 3
Sakura Taisen Online

There would have been more listed but the others have gone offline for example Outtrigger was pay to play in Japan

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:49 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
There is a way to bypass some games and access them from the united states, if they are still online.

really? did they mention which ones? and how? or maybe if curtis is arround he can tell us.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux