Topic: 4x4 online info

Page 1 of 1
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Any Brits out there know where I can purchase 4x4 Evo. Also a cheap Internet provider using DC for dial-up access. Reading these threads make me eager to go online especially 4x4. Sorry these questions must have been asked many times.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:52 am
quote : #2
The best place 2 grab 4x4 is ebay.com.
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:09 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
grubensau wrote:
The best place 2 grab 4x4 is ebay.com.

theres very few on there, i could only find one and that was going for a bit of moneys
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:36 am
quote : #4
Its pretty hard. I got it through checking ebay.co.uk every now and then. I didnt have to end paying much, £5 with P%P Mr. Green , lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:54 pm
quote : #5
lozz wrote:
Its pretty hard. I got it through checking ebay.co.uk every now and then. I didnt have to end paying much, £5 with P%P Mr. Green , lozz.

That's just not fair ! I'll keep looking. I've seen the Mac version a couple of times but would really want the DC version. I can't wait to get it. What is the single player offline game like ? How does it handle and what are the courses like ? Are the graphics anything special.
Thankyou everyone for your help. Nice site by the way. Feels like home from home Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:34 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
4x4 Evolution was developed using the WindowsCE kit. The game is a PC title port, so it was logical that the developers would be using this kit. The graphics arn't necessarily anything special. They are decent, and the game runs at about 20-30 fps. The game overall is pretty muddy looking, but it is an offroad driving game, with real SUV's and Trucks. So the graphics engine suits the subject matter.

The offline experience has a lot of options, with tons of trucks. You can customize and upgrade them, as well as change tires for weather conditions etc etc. The courses are nice and varried. They range from tropical environments, to desert terrain, to forest areas, and even has weather effects.

The game has the best chat environment of any Dreamcast Online title. It's main lobbies are full screen chat rooms. You can chat in-game during the race, as well as in the created game before racing. In a created game the chat area is about 50% of the screen. 4x4 Evo also takes full advantage of GameSpy's PlayerSpy buddy list system, allowing you to see when friends are online.

You can load custom maps to the Dreamcast created on the PC. There are even some simple mods people have made like King of the Hill.

I should point out that while the game is cross region compatible, it points out whether a user is on a Dreamcast or a PC. So it is easier to setup Dreamcast only games than it would be for Quake 3 or Maximum Pool for instance.
Posted:
Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:06 pm
quote : #7
Thankyou. Now of course I want it even more.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:39 am
quote : #8
lol yeh. See 4x4 evo are clever.
why the hell do chavs want to "pimp" up a crappy car, when you can go onto 4x4 evo and upgrade you monster truck Very Happy .
++Plus++
You can take your career truck (upgraded truck) online!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now