Page 1 of 1
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
well i got around to making a quake II server. i followed the guide on this site. when i start it up i get the console on my screen. i checked teh server, and it wasent on there. what am i doing wrong? I have a question though, how do i give my server the name i want? adn have a opening messge?

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:04 pm
quote : #2
Hey just wondering which one u made you put quake II but im thinking its a typo and u meant quake3 if so let me kno if its quake3 so i can join the server .

Thankx
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:08 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
-OdDiTy- wrote:
well i got around to making a quake II server. i followed the guide on this site. when i start it up i get the console on my screen. i checked teh server, and it wasent on there. what am i doing wrong? I have a question though, how do i give my server the name i want? adn have a opening messge?

Ok well the good thing is you were able to follow the steps and get the thing running without some critical error coming up. This makes me so happy I could shit gold right now. LOLOL Ok first of all are you running through a router? Did you open the correct ports? If anyone needs their ports checked they can zing me a PM with their IP address and the port the game is running on. The default port is usually 27960. Since I have Quake 3 on BBA I can test to see if I can connect to your server.

You can edit the server config file for the game style you are running by simply opening the config file in notepad or wordpad. And at the top the first option is the server name. I am still messing with the MOTD(message of the day) I at first put it in but was unable to get it to work. It does work, I just need to figure out the proper syntax
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:23 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
ok to answer teh question, yes it was a type. i am hosting for quake 3. i am not running through a router. im not sure if i opened the ports, im kinda a n00b at this server thingy. ill PM u teh IP addy so u can check it for me. thanx

BTW do u mind if i call the server "Online Consoles"?

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:13 am
quote : #5
kool just let me kno when u get it up running and things and i can log on with dreaamcast right? its a dc server?
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:50 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
-OdDiTy- wrote:
BTW do u mind if i call the server "Online Consoles"?

Sure no problem Smile