Topic: UT Command Console?

Page 2 of 2
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:46 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
If I truly understood everything you were talking about i'd try it myself, but i'm not clever enough, so i'll give it a miss rather than risk breaking my DC. Although, UT running smoothly in four player is very tempting, although I don't find it nearly as unplayable as some people do.

Oh, and update: By spawning 31 bots, and then a further 32 on the Domination level Lament (I think), I got the DC to run a 64 player match (including myself). I got 2-3 fps, obviously totally unplayable, but at least I can crone about the DC's ability to run 64 player matches now!

Also, does anyone know why the addbots command doesn't work in multiplayer? And if there is a code to spawn them in multiplayer? Because i'd really like to push it in 4 player as well!

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:48 pm
quote : #17
NP, Gimpy. My suggestion, is that if you are going to shoot for 270, again, make sure its a revision 1. I think there has only been one instance of a Rev0 hitting higher than 260. But yeah.

As far as memory cards work, I don't know about everyone else, but I can still save to official DC vmu's. I will admit, when I do that, it occiasionally either does not save, or corrupts that, but again, small percent of the time (maybe 10%). However, when I am running highly overclocked, I use a NEXUS VMU I bought from Lik-Sang. It has a cable to connect it to your PC, and I usually keep it connected and save directly to there, often avoiding issues alltogether.

As far as adding bots in multiplayer, I don't know. I THINK I did before, but because I don't remember that very well, so we'll just go with not.

The VMU: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=4&products_id=499&

THE ORIGINAL official Dreamcast overclock video demo: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-465928155797527989
(note, not made by me, but I did upload it to video.google after the original link died a horrible bloody death)
[note again, that is only 240Mhz. it goes quite faster than that at 270 Smile ]

The video doen't normally look that crappy, it's just video.google being suck incarnate. If anyone had some kida free websepance, I could DCC them the original (39MB-ish)
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 pm
quote : #18
ah awesome. i have that very same nexus card. minus the cable unfortunatly.

do any games not work while overclocked?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:24 pm
quote : #19
I have a rather limited selection of Dreamcast games, but I'll tell you what works and what has bugs:

Sonic Adventure - Works great, eliminates slowdown that occurred thru scene transitions drastically. Occaisionally will not run with music.
Half-Life DC - Lagless. Usual DC HL bugs here and there, occaisionally get an odd memory bug.
Phantasy Star Online 1 NTSC - Works great, siginicantly less lag when there is a lot going on on-screen. Once every so often I get a modem not detected error, but works fine 90% of the time.
Unreal Tournament - Flawless. Singleplayer, multiplayer, everything is flawless.
Quake III Arena - Same as UT.
Propeller Arena - Works, no music when overclocked.
PBA Bowling 2001 - Significant speedup.
F355 Challenge - Can't tell the difference (maybe its because I just don't play it that often)
Evolution - MAJOR framerate boosts when things get intense.
Gundam Side Story 0079 - Insignificant boosts of speed.
DC Super Mario War 1.0 - Big framerate pickup. Makes it playable.
Maximum Pool - Untested.
Rez - Significant speedup. Sometimes sound will screw up after playing for some time.
Ikaruga - Untested.

Soldier of Fortune -
I tested this sucker today. The framerate has DOUBLED. Even without an FPS counter, you can just see and feel it. Loading has been a little less that halved, which is a major decrease, as anyone who has gotten a sanwhich while it loads knows. Major saving issues (refuses to on normal or 3rd party cards, I HAVE to use the nexus for it)

I didn't list saving issues on any except SoF, mainly because all occaisionally screw up, but SoF is HORRID. I think that they designed its maple bus interface to be very delicate, and it can't handle overclocking very well.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:59 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmm this seems like a mixed bag. Also, what effects are there on the lifespan of a Dreamcast when overclocking it?
Posted:
Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:19 pm
quote : #21
I haven't had mine long enough to know much about lifespan. However, from what I have read, so long as you do not hotswitch clockspeeds, you should be ok. A gentleman on the DCemu forums used to hotswitch (switch while the console was up and running) between 200 and 240Mhz, and now it no longer works at 200. I suppose so long as you take care of it, there would be no difference.
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:40 pm
quote : #22
So, can you no longer watch entire football matches in Soldier of Fortune's loading times then? How sad!

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:55 pm
quote : #23
thanks for that game-by-game rundown morph. looks like it may not be very benificial to have a strictly overclocked machine. i believe a toggle switch is the way to go.

im all ready to give it a try, but one last question. where did you get your crystal oscillators?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:29 pm
quote : #24
Just thought i'd be a pain, but i noticed that amongst the command codes for the console, there are some commands to connect to a server as spectator/player. Now, i'm willing to bet a large percentage of my cash that this has either been looked into or isnt possible, but could you connect to a PC-run server by entering the server's name and IP into the command console and connecting that way?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:37 pm
quote : #25
Douggie wrote:
Now, i'm willing to bet a large percentage of my cash that this has either been looked into or isnt possible

Correct
Douggie wrote:
could you connect to a PC-run server by entering the server's name and IP into the command console and connecting that way?

Nope
Posted:
Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:29 pm
quote : #26
MasterChief wrote:
im all ready to give it a try, but one last question. where did you get your crystal oscillators?

Well, I got my original ones from a store down the road. Then, I found them in bulk on eBay, cheap ^_^;
TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm
quote : #27
I want to try this on my extra Dreamcast(Its the one I did the bios mod, just to see the blue swirl. Very Happy ), but I have no way of ordering anything online and finding a local place to buy the crystals is impossible.

My soldering iron is also very very cheap and doesn't work very well, it is nearly impossible to solder to small things.

Does anyone offer this service that excepts money orders or trades?

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:58 pm
quote : #28
I've been doing some testing with Unreal Tournament and the bots.

These are the settings to get the best possible fps, from my testing.

Map: Damnation
Mutators: Slowmo, Shock Rifle Arena, No Powerups
Command: set DCDrv.DCClient Decals False

I played a match with 10 bots in Free for All and it was completely playable.

I would like to know how to change the difficulty setting when adding bots from the console.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 am
quote : #29
Here is a complete string containing most of the config options you can pass through the command console when loading a map:

open dm-phobos-dc?mut=0,1?numbots=3?
dif=2?sl=100?np=2?name=YourName?
botpack.deathmatchplus

(this is all on 1 line)

Here are descriptions for each part of the process:

dom = type of Level (dom for domination, ctf for capture the flag, tmdthmatch=?, dthmatch=?)
osiris = (name of level based on type of level)
mut = The mutators you want on
numbots = the number of bots you want
dif = difficulty (try typing in 8-10 and you'll have some HARD bots)
sl = Sets either the amount of flags, domination pts, or frags depending on the botpack
np = number of players (1 to 4)
name = You can give yourself a name (player 1 only)
Posted:
Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:27 pm
quote : #30
Thank you! It works great,