Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
killer-elite
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just recieved these Maracas from buying them off ebay and have to say that these things are real fun to play with. (I tried Samba de Amigo with the controller but its too hard/ and confusing at times). This is such a great game ( besides looking dorky playing it) its a blast to play. As soon as I get my BBA Im gonna download the extra Songs from the web.

On a side note... Also I've knoticed two verisons of Samba de Amigo one that the basic name and the other that has Version 2000 any difference between the two??

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:10 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
version 2000 is the update and it is also Japanese
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:08 pm
quote : #3
Version 2000 adds a crapload of more songs. I think the grand total is around 42.

I downloaded a gamesave with all the bonus songs and other songs unlocked.
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:57 pm
quote : #4
Ima see if I can get a JP boot disk from ebay and pick up version 2000 ( might as well cause I want to put these things to good use Razz )In a couple of months im gonna look into another pair so that me and a friend can play along..

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Hey, If your after a cheap alternative. Play-asia.com and ncsxshop.com supple "cha cha amigo" controllers. These are unofficial samba de amigo controllers. From the reviews people have posted apparently they are alot more sensetive and accurate! for £15/$30 a very good price. hope this helps, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:43 pm
quote : #6
I purchased a set of the Cha Cha Amigo controllers from Play-Asia.com a while back, and they are indeed very responsive. It was a good deal, even when considering the shipping costs when compared to the cost of the official ones.

I also have a pair of the Samba Friends controllers, which work pretty well too. Unfortunately, the Samba Friends controllers seem to have a fairly high failure rate, since it took three sets for me to get one working set, so watch out.

How are my little crackers doing today?
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:11 pm
quote : #7
kingofgrills wrote:
I purchased a set of the Cha Cha Amigo controllers from Play-Asia.com a while back, and they are indeed very responsive. It was a good deal, even when considering the shipping costs when compared to the cost of the official ones.

I also have a pair of the Samba Friends controllers, which work pretty well too. Unfortunately, the Samba Friends controllers seem to have a fairly high failure rate, since it took three sets for me to get one working set, so watch out.

I broke my Cha Cha Amigo controllers because I rock. So I ate food. Nibbled it all up. And then got the official ones. Which are 100% better than the Cha Cha Amigo ones. [and 100% more expensive].
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:14 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
MK wrote:
[and 100% more expensive].

Hahaha yea ain't that the truth. I hope to oneday own the official maracas myself. Cool