TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:05 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Smurph wrote:
So what do you guys think about my whole predicament? Should I or shouldn't I? I don't particularly like playing backups.

Games are ment to be played, not to be put on a mantle as a center piece. Personally, I would go ahead and unwrap your copy.

Also, your GD-ROM drive will appreciate playing an original copy rather than slowly destroying it using a back-up. One of my Dreamcasts has difficulty playing CD-R back-ups and a few of my original copies due to my, ahem, 'destructive habits'.

-Mytho

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:03 pm
quote : #17
Type: PAL
play the backup. Its fine morally because you have actually gone and bought the real thing. lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:41 pm
quote : #18
TheMytho wrote:
Smurph wrote:
So what do you guys think about my whole predicament? Should I or shouldn't I? I don't particularly like playing backups.

Games are ment to be played, not to be put on a mantle as a center piece. Personally, I would go ahead and unwrap your copy.

Also, your GD-ROM drive will appreciate playing an original copy rather than slowly destroying it using a back-up. One of my Dreamcasts has difficulty playing CD-R back-ups and a few of my original copies due to my, ahem, 'destructive habits'.

-Mytho

I suppose. Even though it is sealed, it was packed improperly, so it probably doesn't have too much more value than a mint copy.

Will get pics once the camera batteries finish charging.

EDIT: OK, I've got pics of the damage.

Pic 1:

You can see where one of those litle plastic tabs broke off inside the case.

Pic 2: You can sort of see the indentation from said broken plastic tab.

It also has a large pricetag on the front.

Well, I went ahead and opened it. To the collectors: I'm Sorry!

KoNeko
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:37 pm
quote : #19
Just be glad you even had a backup...lol

I would buy this game, but I'm saving up for a BBA because I LOVE my PSO even though I can't play on PAL yet!

I have a little question I think I'll PM ya about smurph...

-KoNeko <3

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:05 am
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Smurph: There arn't that many collectors here. So you probobly won't find many people getting bothered by you opening it. I personally think it is good that you opened it. Video Game's don't really hold their value anyway. Starlancer will be worth, a maximum of what, 30 dollars years down the road sealed? Probobly less, given there won't be too much damand for the title unless it suddenly becomes rare.

The most expensive NTSC-U/C Dreamcast game won't exceed 80 dollars anytime soon.

Unless you are trying to sell these off later on for profit, keeping them sealed doesn't make much sense. Also, if you keep your GD-ROM's in good condition and take care of them, they will last the rest of your life. So it is best to enjoy them, and play them. Smile

I for one am glad you decided to open the game. Seeing a starlancer game go unplayed wrapped in plastic would be a travesty hehe.
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:24 pm
quote : #21
That Game Is not Rare!!!! Good Choice on Opening It!!!!