Topic: House of the Dead 2

Page 1 of 1
killer-elite
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Guns or no Guns (Dreamcast Joypad)...what do you perfer...?? Cause with the guns you get the Arcade Feel from your DC and the fun that comes with it. / But with the Joypad you get more accurate shooting but slow reponse some times ( sluggish movement from one side of the tv to the other).

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:23 am
quote : #2
What a question!!! Razz - indeed a gun - thats what this kind of games are made for.
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:54 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I still need to get a lightgun for the DC myself. So I am stuck using a controller :/
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:41 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Im not sure about on DC, but on Saturn virtua cop 2 you could turn up sensitivity so playing with a pad wasnt as bad. Im after 2 lightguns but they are quite expensive in the UK (they reach up to £20 each!). its great fun 2 player in the arcade so im sure I'll love it on the DC. I also love playing 2 player mode with a gun in each hand (dual pistols Very Happy ) I'll probably get confidential mission aswell Smile , lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:30 am
quote : #5
I love light gun games! Very Happy House of the Dead 2 is great, Confidential mission i also brilliant, and you can import Virtua cop 2! The Dreamcast didn't really have it's fair share of light-gun games, (which is quite suprprising considering SEGAs many NAOMI-based light-gun games) but the few that it did have were classics!
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:50 am
quote : #6
I've got Virtua Cop 2 on sega smash pack Razz
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:46 pm
quote : #7
I rmember playing the Virtua Cop games on the Saturn, and one of the buttons would automatically snap your reticule to the center of the screen, which helped a little. I've never played a Saturn shooter with an actual gun, and that is something that I hope to someday rectify.

For the DC, though, I've never played a lightgun game without an actual lightgun. I have a StarFire LightBlaster, which is pretty nice, and I also have a set of official Sega guns from Japan, which don't work with any American games (I paid $5 a piece used for them).

I'd say I definately prefer the gun (actually, I prefer John Woo-ing it akimbo with two of them, which get's expensive and gets me mean looks at the arcades) to the pad.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:55 pm
quote : #8
Light guns all the way. Hells yeah. House of the Dead 2 makes my fingers fall off.

I managed to get a Saturn with a lightgun recently. Virtua Cop became three times more fun. Instantly.
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:45 pm
quote : #9
Gun(s) for sure!
On the DC I could'nt see playing the games without my Mad Catz blaster, and although on the Saturn I went John Woo style all the with my Saturn gun games.
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:32 pm
quote : #10
Light guns, definately Razz

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:38 pm
quote : #11
I think once you get light guns, there's no turning back. I have two Mad Catz light blasters, and they are very accurate and responsive.

Personally, I don't see how I could manuever the DC joypad quick enough to survive on some games - most notably HOTD2. There weren't that many light gun games released for DC, but most of them are highly entertaining.

How are my little crackers doing today?