Topic: 2D Fighting Games

Page 2 of 2
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:52 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
I own most of the fighters on the dreamcast but my fave of the 2D bunch is Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

It is good because of the 'cheapness'. I think cheapness is the wrong word to use. I would say 'accessible' is more fitting. The special moves/combos/team attacks are so colourful and exciting it makes the game much more fun to play, plus the range of characters is unbeatable.

my 2p!

DreamcastJack
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:09 pm
quote : #17
I really like King of Fighters 99(9Cool dreammatch and King of Fighters 2002 (my personal fave) but then again you cant go wronge w/ Last Blade 2 and SF3:TS... but if I had to say go with one w/ great animation,fast and fluid then go with Fatal Fury:Mark of the Wolves. in my personal Opinion The Mrvel Vs series is trash.. but then agaion I use to play MvC2 all the time til I started playing other fighters, now MvC2 cant hold a candle.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:11 pm:

actually if you import go with Capcom vs SNK 2... tons of great Chars on it.

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:36 pm
quote : #18
Well for the first time ever I was ripped off from Rhino Games. Now I was buying a used copy of SF Alpha Three, and when I got home, I gave it a whirl. Now the first thing I noticed wrong with the game was that the menu music kept skipping, and sometimes just stop alltogether. This also happend in compbat. Now, when I was in the middle of a fight, I didn't expect for my opponet to get stuck while doing a flying kick and have the same track skip while the screen being frozen. I opend up then disk and, I swear to god, there was a huge scratch on the back of the disk. I'm talking like down the middle of the disk. Now, I'm going to take this bad boy back, and, damnit, if this happens again, I'm going to SWAPUSA.
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:05 pm
quote : #19
I say Third Strike. Its the best fighting game i've ever played. Or if you into the SNK games then I say Mark Of the Wolves. Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:39 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea Third Strike and Garou are both superb 2D fighters. I am an SNK man myself, so Garou = one of my alltime favs.
Posted:
Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 pm
quote : #21
HAha you can prob tell what side I'm on by the AV. I Love SF! Shmups, Fighters, Action Adventure are my fav times of games.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:45 am
quote : #22
Noone mentioned SF Turbo 2X - the only online fighter 2D fighter on DC. Unfortunately it isn't online anymore.

Last Blade 2 - I swear if they had done that game in Hi(er) Res it would be the most luverly EVER ! Still dig that 'art'.

Marvel v Capcom 2, Capcom v SNK 2 both have pseudo 3d backgrounds but i think for most people other than the hardcore they are still counted as 2d ?

Jo Jo's Bizzare adventure was shown at a 2001? electronics art exhibition I attended. On a huge projector it looked swwweeeeet ! I went straight out the door to buy it. For newbs and hardcore it is NUTS and FUN !

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:41 am
quote : #23
Type: NTSC-U/C
SNK 47 wrote:
Noone mentioned SF Turbo 2X - the only online fighter 2D fighter on DC. Unfortunately it isn't online anymore.

Actually the Dreamcast had 7 online 2D fighters Smile
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:53 am
quote : #24
Yeah... I think
-CVS2
-3S
-MVC2
-PJ
Where all online for DC. Well atleast the JP versions.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:11 pm
quote : #25
Type: PAL
i have lots o' love for marvel vs capcome 2, but only realy because its perty and you can do nice looking combos/moves with little effort, lots of fun in multi player (like most beat em ups)

edit: hey hey 900'th post, ooo star wars'y
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:18 pm
quote : #26
Yeah I like MVC2 too but... it's broken to hell. And that kinda pisses me off

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 am
quote : #27
lordnikon wrote:
SNK 47 wrote:

Actually the Dreamcast had 7 online 2D fighters Smile

Well i was only six out Shocked

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:52 pm
quote : #28
Though it's 3D, Project Justice fights like it's 2D. Everyone must get this game.
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:39 am
quote : #29
Stadic wrote:
Yeah... I think
-CVS2
-3S
-MVC2
-PJ
Where all online for DC. Well atleast the JP versions.

Project Justice online ?

I think i have to lie down. P.r.o.j.e.c.t J.u.s.t.i.c.e.......O.N.L.I.N.E.

I feel like i missed out on that Crying or Very sad