Topic: starlancer ?s

Page 1 of 1
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
now i am new to the dreamcast scene and i have yet to experience online play with it, or any console for that matter, and i have a few questions about online play with this game. do pretty much all of you people who go to these organized events live in europe or something? because i live in the united states at gmt -6 so thats a full 7 hours behind if my calculations are right. and an event at 9 pm would mean 2pm for me which is bad with school goin on. so are there any north american organized events? also how well does the game run on a dial up connection. i dont even have a high speed connection for my computer just dial up. and just 1 more question, is the online play really that good or do you people just play it because its an online dreamcast game and there are only about 3 or 4 others left? if this game actualy works with dial up and im able to find online matches at a time that actually works for me id buy it.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
mrandyk wrote:
do pretty much all of you people who go to these organized events live in europe or something?

No, I'm in the US. If I had to guess, I would say it's about half-and-half Europe-Americas

Quote:

so are there any north american organized events?

I sometimes schedule some events on saturday, 8pm in los angeles. Try scheduling your own events and see if people come. Try to give 5 days notice if you can.

Quote:

also how well does the game run on a dial up connection.

The game runs perfectly with lag in only rare situations. Starlancer is only compatible with dial-up, so it was designed to be stable with up to six people in one game.

Quote:
is the online play really that good or do you people just play it because its an online dreamcast game

I like the online play a lot. I've been online for about 3 years off and on. It takes some getting used to, but fighting against real people, as opposed to mindless drones, is rewarding and challenging.
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:58 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I think that we are very lucky that the only games we have left online are the best. 6 player online starlancer is awesome Mr. Green its the best feeling when you get a kill (especially how everyone else is better than me, you try getting a kill on mertens Laughing )
Also starlancer is very easy to get online, no codes or special settings.
Starlancer was my first game online and i would definately advise this game, hope this helps Smile , lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:00 pm
quote : #4
yea i was lookin at a copy on ebay but im only 15 without a checking account or paypal or whatever so i have to ask my parents if they will use their account to buy it. if i do get this it will be my first online game and lookin at the small selection of games left online it may be my only game i get my hands on that is online unless unreal tournament makes an amazing comeback and goes back online. i may also look into 4x4 evo and max pool since i wouldnt have trouble finding opponents since they are able to do pc vs dc, i think. o yea one more question, do you have to use a keyboard to talk in the lobby on starlancer?

EDIT: bought it for 10.75 usd with shipping, i thought that was a good deal and i should be able to play you guys online the next 2-5 days depends on how fast ups is.

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:49 pm:

i got online with starlancer on friday for those starlancer fridays but i was on kinda late but still 30 minutes before it was scheduled to end but no one was on there. is my timezone on here wrong or does no one play the full scheduled time?