Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
OK I was looking for a Dreamcast mini-keyboard. I have a logi-tech mini kb for my PS2, and the DC mini-keyboard is the same size. So they would be perfect side by side.And what a space saver too!!!!

So I couldn't find one anywhere. Eventually I found one. Its the third party one, by Hais. Its white and has the orange letters on the keys.

However I waited and waited and days later nothing. This was over a month and a half ago. So like a week ago I had finally emailed them asking what was the problem. The damn thing was back ordered. Also this was a modchip website. Some random website. I hate ordering from these people because some are VERY shady. So it was hit or miss. I was pissed. Well I was just about to completly cancel it...I was lazy in doing it.

So I go outside to get the mail and see if my other packages i had ordered lately had shown up.

There was a wierd package....."that can't be a PS1 game...can it?" I pick it up...and its from that modchip website..."holy shit no way..the keyboard!".

I get it inside and get the razor blade....open it up...and guess whats inside?!!

A mint brand new OFFICIAL Clear Dreamcast Mini-Keyboard from japan. WOWOWOW!

http://mineko.fc2web.com/box/kb-room/items/res/new_dc/mainimg.jpg

So awsome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:14 pm
quote : #2
*totally* sweet. how much was it?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:15 pm
quote : #3
30 bux total Very Happy
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:16 pm
quote : #4
way to go man not bad at all.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:17 pm
quote : #5
i like when u get better then what u buy because some foo sold it. like my dreameye was supposed to be used, but it was new. everything was in the original bags, the camera was empty, the twist ties were never untwisted, it even came with the stock batteris. only thing that would give the seller an idea it was used because they cleary hadnt used it was the box was a little funked up

LOL i read, posted, and there were 3 new posts before me. wow
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 11:29 pm
quote : #6
holy fuck that looks sweet. good things come to those who wait.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
ORtrail
rank 7
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 2:21 am
quote : #7
Huh, reminds me of the little keyboard my wife has for her PDA. Smile

Could you post another photo that shows it next to a standard DC keyboard? Or even a controller, just so I can get a better sense of scale?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 10:31 am
quote : #8
ORtrail wrote:
Huh, reminds me of the little keyboard my wife has for her PDA. Smile

Could you post another photo that shows it next to a standard DC keyboard? Or even a controller, just so I can get a better sense of scale?

It's about as wide as 2 dc controllers set sidebyside. It's very compact.

It's the same as the kb's that were bundled with the hello kitty dreamcast's.
http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/DC-Kitty-Blue.jpg

Cept mine is clear.
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 12:12 pm
quote : #9
wouldn't that be a bit cramped to type on? that's why I love my normal size Dreamcast keyboard. it's big, but it's comfortable, because I'm used to a computer sized keyboard anyway.
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 7:00 am
quote : #10
The actual letter keys are large almost full size, and all the other keys have been vastly shrunk down to compensate for space. The one drawback is I was used to playing Quake 3 with the arrow keys, now they are really too small to use so I'll have to revert to WASD. But if me and Kontact get that controller mod working then I shouldn't have to worry about it.
Posted:
Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:40 pm
quote : #11
Have you seen the Clear DC Mouse also its cool that you can see right through ( see all the working pats and junk)..

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:16 pm
quote : #12
I actually now own the clear mini-dc mouse as well. It comes bundled with the Japanese version of Outtrigger. Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 am
quote : #13
Razz I realy like these small jp. kbs - the only problem special with the clear see through one is...... U cant use it in a dark lighted room - coz its real hard 2 see the letters. Thats why I want a BLACK one!!!
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:08 am
quote : #14
Grub, now you know why I have so many typos during Quake 3 Smile
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:12 am
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
Grub, now you know why I have so many typos during Quake 3 Smile

Indeed Razz - I know typing with these kbs is sometimes harder then getting some frags - the letter size is 2 small for my fingers, thats why I dont use it for quake III. But hehehhe I use my pink colored one for PSO.

For quake III Im using the middle jp. kb (the kbs are avaible in 3. sizes 1.) normal PAL/US/JP ones 2.) smaller JP. ones without the numberblock 3.) the small ones which Nikon is talking about). I was also trying 2 get one of these PS2 minikbs (which U can clip on a controller) working with the DC via an adapter - but that doesnt work. I also tried one of these number pads (small number block only) for notebooks - and they work great!