Page 1 of 1
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a ton of unknown items that are just clogging up my inventory. The Tekker gives me the option to leave it as an unknown if I don't want to believe him. If I come back when I'm a higher level, will the item change to something better or is it always what he said it was originally?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:21 pm
quote : #2
If an item has 0% across the board on native, a.beast, machine, and dark then you can get the item tekked right away. If you have an item that has a % on one of those, then you can choose to re-tek the item to get a better %. The number can fluctuate 20%. You want to keep on teking the item over and over again until you find a marging that equals 20%. SO if you keep on tekking and get a high of 30% and a low of 10%, then you know you have reached the maximum % possible, and should then keep tekking again until you land on 30%. Then hit YES to finally tek the item.

Not only is the % a factor, but also the type of weapon. For instance for a sword with paralysis abilities, you could have a "bind, hold, sieze or arrest" sword. You not only want to get the highest percent, but the highest rarity type as well.

Grinds are also a factor, but not as important since you can just grind the item up after the fact.
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:30 pm
quote : #3
Ah, thanks a lot. Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:53 pm
quote : #4
No problem Smile Some items can take FOREVER to tek. I have spent 50,000 mesta before to tek a single item. Which is 500 teks...
Posted:
Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:23 am
quote : #5
Shocked That must have been one hell of a weapon to go through that much trouble.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 am
quote : #6
L&K14 Combat - 40% hit Mr. Green
Posted:
Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:58 am
quote : #7
What is "hit"? I see it a lot but I'm not exactly sure what it's for.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:19 am
quote : #8
HIT increases accuracy. So on a weapon with a special attack like L&K14 Combat which can paralyze, having more HIT not only will increase the chances of normal attacks, but the special attack as well. This is really important because the special attacks are a LOT less accurate.
Posted:
Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:44 pm
quote : #9
Cool! Thanks again. Now I have to go find a weapon with Meseta or EXP drain and a very large HIT percentage. Smile

Littlest Hobo
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:02 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
If an item has 0% across the board on native, a.beast, machine, and dark then you can get the item tekked right away. If you have an item that has a % on one of those, then you can choose to re-tek the item to get a better %. The number can fluctuate 20%. You want to keep on teking the item over and over again until you find a marging that equals 20%. SO if you keep on tekking and get a high of 30% and a low of 10%, then you know you have reached the maximum % possible, and should then keep tekking again until you land on 30%. Then hit YES to finally tek the item.

Btw... you can't tek any weapon and get a 30% bonus , it's just not possible period Wink .

The max you will ever get added by tekking is 10% , no more no less , also any weapon you find that by default has all its area's at 0% will never tek for added % , the weapon MUST have some % to start with , be it - or + % .

Ps .. sorry i don't know how the quotes thing works , how do they say "computer illiterate" Mr. Green

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:42 am
quote : #11
You didn't read the post. He said it fluctuates, not that you can raise it up 30% from it's original location. Let's say you have a Double Saber when you find it untekked it has %25 Native. Now when you tek it will fluctuate between as far down as %15, and as high up as 35%, and what you want is the highest number. Also he said if it has 0% to start with to tek it right away. Mr. Green
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 am
quote : #12
Ahhh , all becomes so clear , i just miss read his interpretations of the bonuses when tekking , that'll teach me for being a smart ass lol. Embarassed

MadÈyÉ
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:49 am
quote : #13
Littlest Hobo wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Btw... you can't tek any weapon and get a 30% bonus , it's just not possible period Wink .

The max you will ever get added by tekking is 10% , no more no less , also any weapon you find that by default has all its area's at 0% will never tek for added % , the weapon MUST have some % to start with , be it - or + % .

Ps .. sorry i don't know how the quotes thing works , how do they say "computer illiterate" Mr. Green

Ya really sure? only 10%? I tekked a weapon it was a saber type that had 10% and was a frost type...
Well i tekked it some long time then it was freeze + 25%...
Posted:
Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:00 am
quote : #14
Isn't 60% the highest percentage you can get legitimately? I've tekked a few items to 60% but never higher. I think I've read this somewhere. Can anyone confirm it?

MadÈyÉ
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
quote : #15
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
Isn't 60% the highest percentage you can get legitimately? I've tekked a few items to 60% but never higher. I think I've read this somewhere. Can anyone confirm it?

Yup thats right, all other isnt legit. And i think there was also something with armor and shield...