Topic: ordered maximum pool

Page 1 of 2
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i ordered the game, should get it by friday. i also ordered a keyboard which wouldve really helped right now since im posting from my dreamcast with planetweb 2.6

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:35 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey, welcome.

If you're posting on your DC, have you set your board style to "Dreamcast" in your profile? It makes the site display much better, and load quicker on DC browsers at 56k.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:02 am
quote : #3
my god man, you must have been typing that message for like 10 minutes Confused
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:54 pm
quote : #4
Congrats on getting the game, I think there are a few dedicated DC players that play the game regularly, and if noone on Dreamcast is on, you can always play against the pc players that are playing.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:18 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
yeh, there's allways pc players to play with if thar be no DC'ers. The pc players are fairly casual (some would say too casual...) so you'll be able to have a decent game most of the time.
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:27 pm
quote : #6
mcmonkey, explain "to casual" please.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:36 pm
quote : #7
posting on pc now Smile i saw that dc button on the board thing but i had no idea what it did so i didnt bother with it so ill push it next time thanks for the tip, and yes it took quite a while to enter the message in. ive been wondering about this game, are you able to use the mouse and keyboard instead of your controller like the pc version? cause i have a mouse but im waiting on the keyboard.
i look forward to playing someone online with my dc sometime soon since the only other online game i have is starlancer and i can never get into those organized events on time, gotta make my own.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:25 am
quote : #8
Hmmm I'm not sure if you can use a mouse. You can use a keyboard to chat of course. Mouse support would be pretty neat.
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:26 pm
quote : #9
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
mcmonkey, explain "to casual" please.

you'll get people saying "ASL", which is a tell tale sign of peodophile (or thats at least what the media leads me to believe, but hey newspapers never lie....)
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:33 pm
quote : #10
the game came today along with my keyboard and i have already been online to see if it works and i lost terribly at 24 cents, never even got a shot off.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
mrandyk wrote:
posting on pc now Smile i saw that dc button on the board thing but i had no idea what it did so i didnt bother with it so ill push it next time thanks for the tip, and yes it took quite a while to enter the message in. ive been wondering about this game, are you able to use the mouse and keyboard instead of your controller like the pc version? cause i have a mouse but im waiting on the keyboard.
i look forward to playing someone online with my dc sometime soon since the only other online game i have is starlancer and i can never get into those organized events on time, gotta make my own.

If the mouse works anything like the mouse on the PC version then you are way better off with the controller trust me on that lol. PC version is rubbish compared to the dc.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:02 pm
quote : #12
I got a copy of Maximum Pool included in the DC bundle I got off ebay, just waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to have a go, I love the real thing and playing on a console is going to bring back sweet memories of Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker! PAL users you know what I mean!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:05 pm
quote : #13
Dalore wrote:
I got a copy of Maximum Pool included in the DC bundle I got off ebay, just waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to have a go, I love the real thing and playing on a console is going to bring back sweet memories of Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker! PAL users you know what I mean!

Lookm foreard to seeing you online Smile you seem to play Timesplitters around the same time as me so maybe you can catch some games with Segadreamcaster and me. Warning about the snooker treat it as Maximum snooker as it has a few game rule flaws like after the last red you go to the yellow you dont get to pot a color like you should do. Theres a list of these faults on this part of the message board, its worth reading.

We love it we been playing it for 2 years Laughing

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:17 pm
quote : #14
I got my copy in the mail today through Goozex. (It's short for goods exchange, it's site is Goozex.com, and now you can get 100 in site pts, and 1 trade point, through a promotional offer. It's how I got this game.) Anyway, I tested it recently, and successfully connected to the OC server. I'm in!
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 pm
quote : #15
MasquedWarrior wrote:
I got my copy in the mail today through Goozex. (It's short for goods exchange, it's site is Goozex.com, and now you can get 100 in site pts, and 1 trade point, through a promotional offer. It's how I got this game.) Anyway, I tested it recently, and successfully connected to the OC server. I'm in!

Welcome to Maximum pool Very Happy NOt a lot of activity sadly on this board or on the game DC wise Sad but if your on a free ISP or have money to burn this is the one game on the Dreamcast left that allows you to browse 100's of players and find random games, enjoy. Pick up the saves you need. Yes they will be PC players but it really does not alter things and unless you tell them they wont even know you are on a DC.

Sure you can always catch me and Segadreamcaster for a game as well if you are able to be on at the times we play.

Laters