Topic: Help I'm a noob!

Page 1 of 1
Saw11_2000
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well, as you can see I'm a noob to Quake 3 for DC. Few questions.

Is Q3A the only game online with DC that people actually play anymore? (I don't mean a game that usually has on 2 people at a time, but does any other game have at least 20+ people online at time?)
How many people are online at any time?
Is it showing any signs of gaining more people or losing more people?
Is it possible Q3A could be taken down?
How many servers are online at any time?
Is it difficult to set up?
How many people can play on a server MAX?

Thank you, and long live the Dreamcast.

Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:38 pm
quote : #2
Saw11_2000 wrote:
Well, as you can see I'm a noob to Quake 3 for DC. Few questions.

Is Q3A the only game online with DC that people actually play anymore? (I don't mean a game that usually has on 2 people at a time, but does any other game have at least 20+ people online at time?)
How many people are online at any time?
Is it showing any signs of gaining more people or losing more people?
Is it possible Q3A could be taken down?
How many servers are online at any time?
Is it difficult to set up?
How many people can play on a server MAX?

Thank you, and long live the Dreamcast.
Well there are about 14 servers and 12 people playing on the USA servers when i get on. And for the UK there are more than 70 servers and about 6 people (i think) No there are other games people play online go to current online list. 4 people in a server MAX even though i have seen a server made out of 5 and 10. No it will never be taken down

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:53 pm
quote : #3
4x4 evo most of the time has 20 peopie or more, the most i seen was 53 people but that was some time ago. u can race with mac users.
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:59 pm
quote : #4
How can you make a 5-10 person server if 4 is the MAX? You're sayomg that about 20 people are online at any given time?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:35 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
If anything dreamcast online is gaining people. For a long time everyone was misinformed. There were no sites that specifically covered information about dreamcast online gaming specifically. Most games it was a mystery and only diehard gamers for specific games were playing. In the past few months games like Starlancer and Worms have been getting more play on them than they have been since seganet was in full swing.

Its a rebuilding process. There are more people gaming online now with the dreamcast than there were people gaming a year ago. Quake 3 and 4x4 EVO have people on them all the time.

Quake 3's online capabilities will never go offline. It is the one game where it is possible to setup a server for. Onlineconsoles is planning to put up 4+ standard DC Q3 server in the near future. Standard as in. Various game modes, all weapons on with no mods. For pure gameplay.

This site started back in May of this year(2003) and it has been growing steadily ever since, specially in the last few months. Things just keep getting more and more active.