Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
Ogami musashi
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello everybody.

As i watched the ghosts of Schumi (hope i don't miss with TENNE) i was surprised to hear the RPM while he brakes:
THe rpm are locked at max RPM and even are in sur-rate.
When you analyse his RPM during braking, you can see his RPM never drop they always stay at the max whatever the gear is.

I don't know how he does it. someone have some clues?

Next i would like to know if when we have a steering wheel with pedals we can go to the neutral gear or not?

thank you

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:56 am
quote : #2
About the braking thing.

He is simply over-revving the engine i.e he is in a gear lower than he 'should be' in order to get the effect of engine braking.

If you did this in a real car you would be bounching off the rev limiter and getting valve bounce and all sorts of horrible stuff would be happening inside the engine of your lovely Ferrari.

In the game you don't have to worry about this so it just slows you down that little bit faster!

Ogami musashi
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:38 pm
quote : #3
hello,

that's what i thought at first, but if you go to the lower gear, it doesn't do the same thing( you go high revs, but it does not bounce like him) , also, his gear ratings are normal.

I use the engine braking technic (wich is a little bit different than simply going to a lower gear) and it does not produces the same things.

The effect he gets makes me think of somethings that occurs when your stoped, that you pull full brakes, then throttle while holding the brakes, you get that very same effect!

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:07 am
quote : #4
Hmm. I'd have to see a video or something to know what you mean then.

Ogami musashi
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:26 am
quote : #5
hello,
did you see his ghost?

http://matchingservice.dcarena.de/index.php?functiontpl=stats.tpl&strecke=6&kat=1

the schumi track (1:06:731)

you'll see what i'm talking about.

P.S: you can download the VMI from your PC, the VMS from the same adress (simply change the .VMI to .VMS) then you can transfert it to your DC, or more simply if you can, go to the site with your DC.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:59 pm
quote : #6
I haven' t had a chance to check out his video yet, but I'm guessing he's not letting off the gas when he hits the brakes and downshifts. I know a few people who play this game with both feet when using a racing wheel. That's the only way I can think of keeping the RPMs pegged as described. I haven't tried it, because I don't want to mess up my everyday driving.

One factor to consider with this game is the driving aids. Can you tell which, if any, he has enabled during the race? That may impact his results. I bet he stumbled on a glitch like hiro shifting.

#@%!!!

How are my little crackers doing today?
Ogami musashi
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 am
quote : #7
hello,

this is not a video, this is a ghost file (vmi/vms).

when he downshfts, he does not use hiro shifting, as to say he don't use it at all.
Again, the way the revs go up is not usual, this is not simply going up by gear braking (i do it), the revs go max without adding traction, just like if he was in neutral (i don't know if its possible to go neutral. with the pad it is not possible).

He brakes very short.

There's another guy that holds records with him, he's called TENNE, and he's not using the same braking technic at all, however he's using hiro shifting.

The two guys have pretty much the same times, wich are very good.

I can't comment on wich aids Schumi has...as this is not possible to see it in the replay mode.
But i'm pretty sure there's no ABS. i don't use ABS too and logically it is not possible to brake as short with ABS on.
Even if my braking technic is not perfect, Schumi with this weird braking technic breaks incredibly short!

Please have a look at his files (for example, he holds the fastest laptime at long beach and he did this while in race!) and you'll better see what i'm talking about.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:46 pm
quote : #8
It's because s/he's good !

Very nice guy too, i'm sure he'd tell you if you ever get to post a question to him. Or her, whatever.

Very quick and smooooth.

Ogami musashi
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:31 pm
quote : #9
Where can i reach him?

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:48 pm
quote : #10
dunno. Try posting the question on another DC site ? Someone else there may possibly have the answers you're looking for.