Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Hi all

For the first time today in what must be about 2 and a half years I took the 15 min drive down the road and met Segadreamcaster in person Very Happy IN True Maximum pool fashion we played a game of snooker at the local lesuire centre Smile Not sure what we are better at Max pool snooker or normal snooker lol. Anyway the reason for our first meeting was ... drum roll please ... for me to pick a modded Saturn with 50-60 htz switch and region switch which Segadreamcaster has kindly assembled for me Very Happy This now means we both have all of the required and extra equipment needed to play Saturn Netlink games. We have all the games, once again thanks to Segadreamcaster for that. We have yet to test that it all works, fingers crossed. We both have the keyboard adaptors (think segas got a saturn kb also) and access to free phone calls to each on weekends as we are with the same phone line provider Smile Lets hope much netlink fun to follow. We will keep you updated on what we think Smile Anyone else out there in UK land got netlink up and running? We think we might be the only ones?

Laters
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:50 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah after all this time we actually met...seems quite strange after only knowing each other as a couple of font types Smile over the last 2-3 years...lol

But yeah, I thought it was only right that we play a game of REAL snooker for the meeting, just to keep the trend going Smile

Anyway, yeah...netlink....as long as all goes well now we should be all set Smile we both have everything we need to finally play netlink in the UK....with any luck we should know sometime over the next few days if we are successfully set up.

So I guess there will be more news to come in this thread as Blast and I undertake another Sega online adventure...lol....stay tuned Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:32 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I have wanted to do this for sometime.
But TBH i donmt have enough money.
Maybe in a few months time when im 16 i could get a small job.

lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:10 am
quote : #4
lozz wrote:
I have wanted to do this for sometime.
But TBH i donmt have enough money.
Maybe in a few months time when im 16 i could get a small job.

lozz.

Yeah I have to say it does start to add up when you start, and of course you have to have someone to play...but with any luck if blast and I up an running ok, you can play with one or the other of us Smile

Let us know if you do decide to head down the netlink route as I know I would love to welcome you into a very limited group of UK netlinkers Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:28 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Up and Running with both feet Smile

We did it Smile we played Sega rally over direct dial for the first time this evening Very Happy Great fun the games were fairly even and the connection seems fantastic. Cars hit like solid objects and dont seem to pass through one another like on some online games. Seems there is no in game chat but there is chat at the end of games although this was the only part I was unable to get working.

Chuffed, we did it may have taken 2 years but its a done deal Smile

Laters
Posted:
Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:51 am
quote : #6
Yipee! Very Happy Yeah at last we got there, it's official there are now at least 2 active Saturn netlink user here in the UK Smile is anybody gonna join the club Question

Sega rally was pretty good fun, absolutelly useless at actually controlling the car I have to say, but that is nothing unusual for me...lol, but yeah great fun, and we ended up winning two races each...so at least Blast must have been as bad as me...lmao....as Blast said the connection seems great, I only had one sport of lag and that was it, and that was only for about a second. Not sure what happened with the caht at the end, when the game asks you if you want a re-match and you select no, it loads up a chat window, but a few seconds after it loads, my modem clicks to let me know the connection is droped...not sure why that is yet, but hopefully we will figure it out, unless anybody else has experiece with this?

Does seem like a huge achievement for us after spending the last 2 years talking about it and getting everything together...so last night was a monumental occassion...looking forward to testing out the other 4 games now...should be fun

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer