Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
ahhhhhh that feels better (please bear in mind that i havnt played this game in well over 15 years and have no intention of playing again due to the fear of it not being as good as i remember)

this game has to be my all time favourite master system game.

the reason why its my favourite? well there are many.

reason the first!!: vehicles/shop

the vehicles in this game were fantasmicly fun to use, there was a bike, a peddle powered helicopter, a speed boat (emphasis on speed) and i think there are more aswell but i cant remember off the top of my head (and wikipedia is being a bastard). the shops were great aswell, you could buy the vehicles, power ups (i think) and extra lives which were allways handy.

reason the second!!: rock, paper, scisors!!!!

yes rock, paper, scisors!! at the end of some levels there were bosss where the sole way to defeat them was to try your luck at said game. I have fond memories of this, it was exciting, tense, and frustrating but for those of us who are, shall we say....crap at rock-paper-scisors there were these (what i think were called) memory balls, now these were used to allow the player to see what the boss was thinking so you could cheat basically, but still.....ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS!!!

reason the third!!!:it was built in my fecking master system!!!

yes built into the MS, i think it was only in MS's post 1990 (could be wrong) and i think they were in MS1's aswell as 2's but the version i own is in an MS2 and was completely blew me away. i think it was the second game i saw/played on an MS (first being prince of persia) and was qute confused as me brother took out the cartidge and turned it on with out one in!! keeeerazy.

well those are my favourite things about the game (havnt even gone into levels yet), so what be yours??
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:51 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes I recall Alex. and that huge fist of his and getting the ring to thow fireballs.
The cool thing was even though vehicles were available it was mostly an option you could play without (but who would want to do that?)

I had actually bought the game The Master System I had had the snail maze game built in.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:26 am
quote : #3
Yea I had the Master System with the snail maze game as well Smile

I regret not having played Alex Kidd yet. It is a game I still need to go back and play. I did not own it when I had a Master System. Hopefully I can get it soon and play through it.
Posted:
Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:09 am
quote : #4
Just thought I would say that I am currently playing Alex Kidd, the built in version on my MK1 Master system....ahh what a joy Smile

It's actually the first time I have seriously had a crack at the game. Previously I had just had a quick go with no asperations of actually completing it.....Well, no more....I am hoping to actually go through it all (eventually, when I have had enough training...lol) and actually complete it.

It is a really great little game and I strongly advise anyone who hasn't played it, to play it as it is a classic that nobody should miss Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com