Topic: Starlancer -- Nov 18, 2006

Page 1 of 1
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
of course you ran all over me and sub one, why are you so good at that game?
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:18 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've been playing a looooooooooooooooong time. It's been over 3 years since I joined OC and I've had starlancer the entire time. Also, my favorite genre of games is starlancers: 3D space sim. I'll get totally pwned in most other genres like FPS and driving, but 3D flight sims are just so much fun Very Happy

My best suggestion for practice is to play the campaign all the way through one or two times. It helps in subtle ways. The online experience is totally different, but you will learn things as you go through. Also there are some guides you should read (click link on the OC menu bar) as well as the topics in the forum.

Both you and Sub One (was that his name? i'm not sure) did good. Just keep playing online when you can and you will get better.
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:37 am
quote : #3
yea i havent gotten past the 3rd level because ill die after playing that level for like an hour then i dont wanna waste my time trying again then i try it again a different day and same result. its just confusing cause i have no idea what to do after i find that radio thing. ill try it again today.
Sub-One
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:00 pm
quote : #4
LOL, i got masacerd out there! but i only got this game last week, but it was still fun Very Happy .

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm
quote : #5
i got this game in late august but this is the 2nd time ive been online with it the other time being 1 on 1 with mertens where if i remember right got beat way worse. you rarely see anyone playing this game online im finding out unless people are in starlancer fridays towards the begining of its scheduled time. but yea its still fun.
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:32 pm
quote : #6
There's a pretty big online learning curve. I got owned my first couple months too (and I still regularly get owned by JMC Twisted Evil ). I think the difference now is that there are less players, and less opportunites to play. I wish I could play more, but my schedule as it is sucks for gaming. The only video games I've played in the last two months or so were those two starlancer games with mrandyk.
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:14 pm
quote : #7
who is this jmc? i wonder if id be able to even get 1 kill on him if he owns you terribly. your schedule must be pretty bad if the only games you played in like 2 months were the 2 games with me.
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:56 pm
quote : #8
He sometimes posts here, but not often. I usually only see him at the friday game, but he wasn't there last week that I know of.