Page 1 of 1
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:18 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, that could have gone a lot better than it did, but we managed to salvage some good times. I don't know why the server was acting up the way it was. I've never seen it like this before.

If you didn't make it to about an hour and a half after the scheduled start, be finally got a game to work. It seemed to be only working in Asteroid Arena with me hosting. I think there were 5 people still around for that fun. Then, of course, like dormant virus that flares up every now and then, the women distracted me and kept me from playing as much as I would have liked. I was AFK most of the time, but I'm glad a lot of people still got to play.

After that AA game finished, Fallout, DaMan, and I were playing vampires. That was fun, but I ended up AFK again. Oh well.

So, a lot of people were able to come this time. Who wants to try again next monday? Hopefully we will have better luck with the server.
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Heres are the Scores:

First Game Asteroid Arena FFA

• Sub One 26
  • Daman 24
  • Mertens 19
  • Fallout 16
  • Mrandyk 11

Second Game Vampires FFA

• Mertens 36 15
  • Daman 36 21
  • Fallout 14 18 (Fallout was more sleeping then playing)

ShipList

Mertens Shroud
Daman Wolverin
Fallout Temptest

I would like to thank everyone who did not give up after the problems came up witht the hosting as i stand up early in the morning 4am yust to play with you guys and would be really upset if we did not play . Had some nice games hope we can make it again in the future maybe on a weekend .
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 pm
quote : #3
im up for next monday mertens, you should make a topic in the game organization forum. i was looking forward to playing those other game modes so badly and i didnt realize you guys started a vampire game otherwise i wouldve stayed. everyone left the asteroid arena game except 1 person and mertens but he was afk so i just left assuming everyone was just gonna quit and i was getting bored of asteroid arena after about 40 minutes. the sad thing is that about 4 of my kills were on an afk mertens Sad
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:19 am
quote : #4
It was odd for me I was trying to get online at the start and after about 20 mins I get online and not able to join a game thinking it was my isp I disconnected and about another 30 mins trying to connect and seeing lots of game names cant join and variations of that.

but when It finally came to game time it was worth it.
Don't feel bad mrandyk I got a few points when Mertens was AFK, only to have him comeback shooting without warning so fair enough!

Good free for all and Mertens you are right things can get streaky there at one it looked like I was going to take the lead and all of a sudden I could'nt kill anyone only to get another streak and be dethroned by Sub one.

Good Games all.
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:20 am
quote : #5
fallout wrote:
Heres are the Scores:

Mertens Shroud
Daman Wolverin
Fallout Temptest

Hold on a sec. I think I played two games with you guys, are you sure those ships are right? I am almost certain I never saw DaMan in a wolverine. I saw him in a tempest and I think a pheonix. I saw Fallout in a predator the first game and then I think a Mirage the second game. It would be funny if the game was so screwed up our ships looked different........but even that seems unlikely.

DaMan wrote:

but when It finally came to game time it was worth it.
Don't feel bad mrandyk I got a few points when Mertens was AFK,

LOL. When I actually was AFK, I could hear my controller vibratiing A LOT (meaning people were shooting me). I think I even heard a few missiles shot at me.

DaMan wrote:

only to have him comeback shooting without warning so fair enough!

Would you like to me to say, "Hey guys, I'm back" and the slaughter you Very Happy j/k I didn't think it was necessary to announce my presense. If you see my ship moving, I'm not AFK.

DaMan wrote:

Good free for all and Mertens you are right things can get streaky there at one it looked like I was going to take the lead and all of a sudden I could'nt kill anyone only to get another streak and be dethroned by Sub one.

Yes it is streaky. I went on a few good ones myself, mostly because I came back from AFK without warning and caught a few people off-guard. Another time I was hitting mines like they were magnetized....drawing me in.

Despite it all, it was still the most fun I've had on starlancer in a LONG time. Starlancer is like exponential when it comes to players, playing with 5 players was like 25 more times fun than with 2 or 3.
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 am
quote : #6
Hello!

I was really bummed that the game wasn't working and I had to finally leave. If everyone is up to trying again next week, Dec 4th, same time I'll make sure that I make it again. I can't help but believe that a lot of people probably tried to get on and couldn't the other night so that is a major bummer...hopefully if the game is scheduled now there will be a good turn out again!!

Douglas

Smile

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 pm
quote : #7
id like to play again next monday at the same time, ill schedule the event. and the whole streaks thing is right. i went on one good streak where i got 3 kills in a row without dying. the rest of the time was me getting 1 kill every now and then but getting killed constantly.