Topic: Official message 2 Bob Dobbs

Page 1 of 1
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I always thought the OC in my quake name stood for onlineconsoles - 2 show all dudes which I play Im a friendly man. So Bob Doobs and Radkin..... please notice IM NOT A CHEATER and Im not a NAZI. This site stands for online GAMING so dont leave after some rockets from gruben.

I mean board members should simple show some respect when they are online - wrong?
http://dcarena.de/album_showpage.php?pic_id=577 --- I wasnt wearing that stuff when I fragged you - so dont blame me as a cheater.
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:13 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Why were they calling you a cheater? Did they think OC meant Online Cheat?
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:09 pm
quote : #3
Can you not contact the admin of that server and get him / her to get their ip from the log file & ban them, i know that as a rule that kinda attitude is generally not accepted on quake, well not by me anyway, but maybe having 2 less servers to play on will make them think about there attitude towards other players a little bit more.
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:28 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Why were they calling you a cheater?

I killed them both simple 3x times - then they called me german cheater and nazi and left. Radkin said my movement were 2 tricky.... Bob played with a pc (maybe thats why he cant exept that I fragged him). I dont like 2 bann them (happened on the dcarena servers) - I hope bringing that 2 public is enough for them 2 think about it.
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:32 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't think I have ever been in an online where there wern't players that could not handle losing. In most online games people feel they have to win, and if they arn't winning then the other person has to be cheating. It is really sad and unfortunate.

True players lose with honor and keep playing.
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
quote : #6
Quote:

True players lose with honor and keep playing.

yep, thats why i think the dreamcast scene is so much better than the pc scene, but seriously grube you should at least contact the admin of dcarena servers and let them know what happened, otherwise its just like being bullied at school, once they think they can get away with it they will just continue to do it, if not to you then to some other unsuspecting dc player.

If you dont think they deserve a ban thats fine, i know you dont like to upset people, it was just my opinion. Laughing
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:43 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
im sorry if im missing something here but whats the picture there for?

Also i think it is twisted when people call others "nazi" just because they are German.
They obviously didn't pay attention in history lessons.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:02 am
quote : #8
lozz wrote:
im sorry if im missing something here but whats the picture there for?

I tried 2 say - if I would wear the helmet - then Im ''cheating'' ---- my kind of dark hunor.
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:10 pm
quote : #9
lozz wrote:

Also i think it is twisted when people call others "nazi" just because they are German.
They obviously didn't pay attention in history lessons.

now correct me if im wrong, but werent "nazis" just like a political party in germany in the 30s-40s and hitler was the like leader of it? (i have yet to take world history II where they talk about modern history, im in world history I and we are in Rome right now) and if im even close to being on the right track how would it make any sense to call anyone a nazi? or is it just one of those immature comebacks people use to stereotype an entire country?
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:28 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
mrandyk wrote:
or is it just one of those immature comebacks people use to stereotype an entire country?

Thats exactly what it is.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
monkeeman3
unknown
Posted:
Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:00 am
quote : #11
I do not know if Dobbs will ever read this, but I know Radkin and she is a nice girl (she told Dobbs of this problem). She has a few friends who have played various versions of Quake since the 90's. Her friend Dobbs has stated in previous games that he gets weird things happening on his end when in the DC servers and has observed that Radkin does not suffer the same timing and lag effects he is getting. Carnage and X comfirmed the same story when visiting Dobbs. Carnage, Dobbs and X rarely play on DC servers for that reason except when Radkin wants to play being she is the only DC player in that group. Please also note that Dobbs has a German wife and real last name is of German descent.

I'm only on this site because Radkin stated something about a posting. I'll let Dobbs know that none of you want any of us to play or support the Dreamcast and Radkin should use a PC instead of a DC because she is not welcomed in the DC Quake 3 community as well. I am sorry that they disrupted this part of the world to a point of everyone needing to write something as I am doing now. Happy Thanksgiving (I'm one month late for the good people of Canada).

Regards,
monkeeman3

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:41 pm
quote : #12
monkeeman3 wrote:
I'll let Dobbs know that none of you want any of us to play or support the Dreamcast and Radkin should use a PC or Xbox (which plays Q3) instead of a DC because she is not welcomed in the DC Quake 3 community as well.

Please read the full story. They are welcome (radkin and dobbs 2.) The main prob is - if they realy play quake for that long time, they should have learnt 2 loose. The dc quake III comunity is so small - so calling one of us a cheater and let him alone on a server isnt what a real quake player would do.

Posted Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:05 am:

Finaly I got a response from Bob - his message cleared some things. Im sure he runned into Rices server sometime and didnt knew about the grenades bonus (after an exellent Razz).
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:23 pm
quote : #13
All's well that ends well.