Previous  1, 2, 3
SireDoime
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:41 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
This is sad. i got the news in my DCBG (Dreamcast Browsers Group) e-mail. But, it will have NO effect on me since the last I played PSO was tonigh with Uranium-235. My DC (the one i got off ebay) reset again. And when i just had it on at the BIOS screen looking at VMUs ...sigh..ulp....hold on sec.....ahem.......it just..t.u.r.n.e.d. o.f.f.
Sad Sad Sad

I pressed the button. Nothing. Again. nothing. So the power died. So, since this was the only DC I had for
playing PAL/e PSO...it's over for Sire Doime 2. So this news me hardest. since now I can't even play at all.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I left it off for a half hour. Turned it back on.....it worked..except, now the light is very dim, and pulsing. So...sigh.... I may not be playing PSO for awhile, or at least to see if my file is still intact after being booted/reset.

Well, at least i played for 46 levels and had fun. I really did have fun. I even thought about getting a gamecube to keep playing it. But alas, that will not be. sigh..... Oh, well like it was said, i knew it would happen, but i just never really set my mind for it. Of course, this is just more bad news for me. I just shutdown my Athlon 2800+ last night. Then I come home from work tonight, and it didn't start. the power supply died it seemed. LOL LOL..So I'm using my first PC (a P3 600 mhz), and my 1st Dreamcast! I'm back to my firsts! LOL LOL LOL ahhuhhh..oh, well...

Quote:

Note: The Xbox version and PSOBB for the PC will be remaining online.

bbllrhgg! Of course!.
Playtime: 0291'16" Offline Mode: HARD
ONLINE: de-railed!! XC
Dannycas
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:29 pm
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
bittersweet at best
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:33 pm
quote : #33
I say on the last day we all get together for one final game and wait for the servers to shut down.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:48 pm
quote : #34
yea im sure that most people do that for games that they know will be going offline that they will stay on as long as possible until it shuts down, i know i would if i had the pal version. but i just want to point out one thing about what you said stadic, it wouldnt be the final game once the servers go down. it would be the final game on the official sega servers but remember:
lordnikon wrote:
There are multiple alternative server options available. I will be taking steps to ensure that members of OC have a place to play legit, uncompromised Phantasy Star Online.

it seems a lot of you are forgetting that it isnt the end even though sega says it is, but of course make full use of the sega servers while they last.
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:48 am
quote : #35
Yes, let's be positive. There WILL be other ways to get PSO online. Also it gives PSOers a chance to play other games on the DC.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 am
quote : #36
Type: Pal
On a more posative note the OC PSO scene may even expand if a legit place to play is provided. Players with NTSC versions of the game will be able to get access at less cost than buying a Pal version of the game. This will help the young and those without a credit card.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:28 pm
quote : #37
Blast wrote:
On a more posative note the OC PSO scene may even expand if a legit place to play is provided. Players with NTSC versions of the game will be able to get access at less cost than buying a Pal version of the game. This will help the young and those without a credit card.

Laters

yea pso v2 around here is dirt cheap and i have no credit card so this actually kinda helps me i guess, its still bad news though. i just hope we never have to see another game go offline.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:57 am
quote : #38
i was thinking on how one might do this once it does happen.

!. make it to where not everyone can join unless they have some sort of code to be able to play on the server. in attempt to keep hackers/bad people off of the server. make it to where only people that are members here are able to get the code. or what ever you want to call it.

but something like that might be to harsh or impossible to do but that was just a thought. everyone that play's on the official servers have fun with it wile it last's. and remember even tho when the official server's go down all is not lost there are ways to keep PSO online and to keep it hacker free and keep it nice and clean for the OC community. yea its sad to see the official servers go down but like i said above this game is not lost.

at least this community here try's to keep online gaming exactly that online. Nikon and others has done allot to keep this a possibility for years to come. and i cant think him enough for giving us a place to come to and do the stuff we do and pushing himself to do this for us and for the love of playing the dreamcast online.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:30 pm
quote : #39
yes okay i understand it now, i think. since they us hl thing goes through the japanese hl thing and the japanese ones were still up it could still do stuff. anyways i did some looking around and found the forum i assume you found this info on and their alternative servers will still work after this whole shut down for us pso v1, pal pso v1, and pal pso v2, straight from the guy that also said what you were explaining. something to do with those vesions dont use the hl at all. so the us v2 and both japanese versions of the game wont be able to use these alternate servers due to the hl servers, and us v1 doesnt have this apparently.
PiperUK
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:54 pm
quote : #40
End of an era...I'll be on over Xmas period, enjoying it all for one last time. My char is called 'Pipes' - might have a blast this weekend.

Btw, PSU is getting slated in all the games mags, shame. I'll never forget my first visit to Falz, my first Photon Blast, the feeling of gratitude as someone takes the time to revive me, the music...most of all I will never forget the amazing online community, the buzz of playing with people from around the world (via dialup with a 33k modem!). Back in 2001, this game ate my life.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:40 pm
quote : #41
I pruned back this thread quite a bit. The discussion was getting way way onto alternative server talk. PSO will go on like business as usual here at OC over the coming months.

Any important announcements will be carefully constructed and posted when the time is right.

Until then please boot up and enjoy your time on Dreamcast PSO servers.