Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How come this game is so pricy compared to other online games. I don't want to pay $20 or more for a game i won't like. If any one can tell me if this game plays like BANG! Gunship Elite i'd appriciate it. And does any one know how many blocks this game takes?

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:29 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I only know the answer for your second question, it takes 5 blocks.

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 pm
quote : #3
$20 dollars the game cost more then that!!! I say go get it at a swap-meet. There is were I got starlance for 10 dollars. It was new. I also got 4x4 for 5 dollars used. But my 4X4 broke.Or cracked by mistake. They also sell a bunch of sonic adventure games for $1. WOW what an offer. Thats my opinion.

Also this game is good, when your online it's fun. Not just that it is also neat.

TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:49 am
quote : #4
Does any one know if SBC/ Yahoo's free dial-up with DSL works with StarLancer because I can't seem to be able to get online with it.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:01 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Yeah it's like BANG! Gunship Elite. But, for me, I prefer StarLancer. I enjoy this game and it's up to 6 players! Very Happy

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:36 pm
quote : #6
Your dialup account must allow for connect to gamespy services, and a lot of major ISP's don't. Confused
Posted:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:46 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
JKKDARK: Can you connect to other online games on the DC? Or is it just Starlancer that is giving you problems?
Posted:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:51 pm
quote : #8
i think i remember hearing somewhere that yahoo wont work for the dreamcast, as for the price i found mine for about 13 dollars including shipping off of ebay.
TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:50 pm
quote : #9
I played Quake III with Yahoo Dial-Up and it worked the first time but it never got on again. It sucks I bought Starlancer and cant even play it online. Sad

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:00 pm
quote : #10
TheOneFreeman wrote:
I played Quake III with Yahoo Dial-Up and it worked the first time but it never got on again. It sucks I bought Starlancer and cant even play it online. Sad

If you can play one DC online game reliably, then your connection should be fine to play the others, such as starlancer. The settings on your browser disk could be input in such a way that it connects for one game, but not another. This happened to me when I tried to use the starlancer settings I had to play 4x4 evo. I had to change the settings just a little, like the area code or the DNS and then both games worked.

Try a few different settings and see what happens. I personally don't know if yahoo dial-up is compatible with DC, but good luck.
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:44 pm
quote : #11
Well, I don't know the number to dial in because the day I got DSL I was at school and my mom didn't ask what it was and I dont know what to put as the "Dial long distance" thing or what. I know you all can't help with that but I'm just saying what I think the problem is.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:34 am
quote : #12
TheOneFreeman wrote:
Well, I don't know the number to dial in because the day I got DSL I was at school and my mom didn't ask what it was and I dont know what to put as the "Dial long distance" thing or what. I know you all can't help with that but I'm just saying what I think the problem is.

Try searching the site for keywords with Yahoo dsl because I think there have been others with your problem. If not, try making a thread in network tech. Somebody should be able to give better help than I can, but they might not be reading this thread.
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:01 am
quote : #13
TheOneFreeman wrote:
Does any one know if SBC/ Yahoo's free dial-up with DSL works with StarLancer because I can't seem to be able to get online with it.
i have SBC yahoo/ AT&T yahoo DSL. they merged but i had it befor the merge any way mine works fine with all the online games that includes starlancer. i would double check all the info like pass word, user name, DNS, and i think the name and pass word have to be lower case on mine.

Posted Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:19 am:

TheOneFreeman wrote:
sorry missed this on my first reply post .i had to call SBC and ask for local dial up numbers they gave me a list of them. if you already know the numbers use em ,if your refering to the the number to enter in the long distance field it shouldnt need any thing at all .if you feel you need to put some thing in that field put 1 its often used to call long distance

Posted Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:57 am:

after some thought on this topic i think i have a way for you to get the info if your not able to on your own. i set my cuz up with dial up under my acount he is using a sub acount .the thing is he lives in AZ and im in MI so i had to call SBC to get him local numbers ,if you realy need a number give me your city and state ill get em for you. your DNS primary and secondary should be on your computer for your DSL conection this i cant get for you but ill walk you threw it if ther isnt a guide on here ps if you have unlimited long distance and dont mind conecting to arizona or michigan here are a few of ther numbers MI (989) 631-7743,(989) 923-6850 AZ (602) 334-4774,(602)445-0172, (602) 748-2432 they may not conect very strong if your far away but they are SBC dial up ISP numbers
Posted:
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:12 pm
quote : #14
Hi.
Im wondering if anyone was in Star Lancer last friday.
I havent played star lancer since september,
so im not sure when people play.
What time does anyone play?
I was there at 10pm GMT+1 and didnt see anyone there.
Is this the correct time people play there?Thanks
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 am
quote : #15
Well I got the numbers but when I dial it always says that its an invalid number. Perhaps its my other settings?