Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have been putting in quite a bit of time in this game in the last few days and i simply can not finish first in any race no matter what. i even tried setting the lap length to endurace and went to suzuka short and i got into second on the third lap and for the next 30 laps i was right on the leaders tail until i ended up flying off the road hitting a wall and i quit after that. in championship mode i notice that on motegi i get laps 2-4 better than everyone else's best lap at about 39.5 seconds, but my first lap has been over 50 everytime except once where i amazingly somehow got 49.999 (no joke, im amazed too). do you guys go through this same problem when you play/played or am i just starting completely wrong by reving the engine at about 5000 rpm then holding it for a little bit then flooring it? its really making me mad cause i want to win a race some time i cant finish 2nd everytime or like 6th on the last 3 tracks.
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Well, just you only need to play more times, it's not so hard. Or maybe racing games isn't your type of games Rolling Eyes

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:04 pm
quote : #3
does it really matter if racing games are my type? racing games are fun but this is my first racing simulation game where it takes after real life driving (unless 4x4 counts) instead of stuff like mario kart. ill keep playing but i have noticed i always finish in the same spots on every track, 3rd then 2nd then 7th then last, last.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:41 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
mrandyk, try not to race against other cars. Play time trial mode and simply work on your times. This is one of my favorite things to do in racing games, especially F355. Your main competition is yourself and you can take it at your own pace.

Usually you will get better at playing the game when doing this as well, and will know the maps better. Then when you go back to the single player, you will do better than you were before.
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm
quote : #5
thanks for the tip nikon, ive actually just been trying the suzuka short over and over trying to get a victory so i can just get it out of the way and get on with training on other maps. out of curiosity, what do you guys get for a time on the first lap at motegi? im wondering just to see how much room there is to improve from my usual 50 second lap. i was thinking about downloading some ghosts from the internet (onto a different vmu of course) to observe in time trial to see how i should drive. any other suggestions for improving my times?
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:13 am
quote : #6
Great to hear you're enjoying the game mrandyck. Still great fun even if you don't win.

You probably don't realise how far you've come regarding F355. It's a tough game. You've done pretty well so far.

Practice.

Posted Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 pm:

My driving on F355 wasn't very scientific ! There are things you can do such as getting your gear changes sorted . Can't remember the tricks involved but there a couple. Should shave some time off.

If you do win a race you should get extra tracks. Good they are.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:55 pm
quote : #7
I fully agree with Lord Nikon's assessment on this one. Stick it out with the time trial mode for a while, until you really know the lines around the tracks. Doing that really helped me improve my times.

Also, I think you can might be able to improve your time if you can successfully navigate by turning off most of the driving assist modes, such as the braking assistant. I haven't spent too much time trying that yet, but that's what I've been told.

Good luck. Stick with it.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:40 pm
quote : #8
i havent played this game very much lately as the free time i find i usually use to play my new wii, but while i was playing i used all of the assists and drove with an automatic.
fanoid
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:48 pm
quote : #9
For me this game was all about the breaking

First few races id watch where the other cars breaking point is on the corners then use that as a guide to slow down then as i

got better id try and break later and later

dunno if this iwll help