Same here Shocked We're too innocent Very Happy

Luckily lordnikon is around to protect and advise Cool

freaky
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 am
quote : #32
profile : pm
ahhhh but you have to beat a score before you can be seen on the board, for example if lordnikon had a score of 30, someome cannot then come into the server suicide 40 times for a score of -40 and expect to get on the board.
it will only every overwrite a score if its higher than the original score.

if someone changed their name to yours and then scored, lets say 12 frags then the name lordnikon would be displayed in first place and then also displayed in 5th place.

The idea is that you dont have to be a really good player to get on the board, you could play agianst a bot and score 20 frags and that just might be enough to give you a position on the scoreboard, so the more you play the better the chance you have of being seen.
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 am
quote : #33
Thanks for the explanation. I'm actually starting to want this game quite badly. I'm starting Unreal Tournament, which I've played before, and Soldier Of Fortune. On easy mode, admittedly, but I did find myself getting better by the end of the first levels.

I've had Outtrigger for a while but it never loads Sad I guess that would be the nearest to Quake from a gameplay point of view. I'm going to try a disc resurfacer, see if that can make a difference. It doesn't mention DC disc on the packet but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Otherwise it goes in the trash !

By time I get Quake I should be loads better. Well that's my logic Smile

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 pm
quote : #34
couldnt this work the other way too? i mean it would be harder but couldnt someone get a friend to help them by just standing there while the other player runs his frag count through the roof?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm
quote : #35
Type: NTSC-U/C
mrandyk wrote:
couldnt this work the other way too? i mean it would be harder but couldnt someone get a friend to help them by just standing there while the other player runs his frag count through the roof?

You are correct sir.

See this is the one reason why I never added highscores. Sure for some people it can encourage people to play more. On the flipside there are people out there who will cheat, and do whatever it takes to rise to the top, or cause problems for others when they are board.

This really doesn't need to be proven since I am sure we are all aware of the type of people out there that do this, since we all play games online.