1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I bought a Panther MadCatz controller for 35.00 in original box.

Sort of hard to find.

Now I have one coming Wink

I am excited whooooo
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:43 pm
quote : #2
did you get that off of ebay i was watching one and almost bid on it. just not sure how easy it would be to use due to the position of the trackball.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:49 pm
quote : #3
Nope I did not get it off eBay. I got it from a user on another forum.

Yea I wish the trackball was on the right, with the joystick on the left. It is more of a novelty item at the moment, and something to tinker with. I may try and mod it down the road as I learn more about wiring.
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 pm
quote : #4
youll have to let us know what its like. also on the mod side of things i was thinking about modding one of my regular controllers to get the buttons and the analog swithed around anyone hear of anything like that being done?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 pm
quote : #5
shrap wrote:
youll have to let us know what its like.

yea I will be sure to list my opinions as soon as I get it. It's orientation is already something I am not too fond of. I really do want the ball on the rightside. So my comments will more or less be about its contruction and response time.

shrap wrote:
also on the mod side of things i was thinking about modding one of my regular controllers to get the buttons and the analog swithed around anyone hear of anything like that being done?

Probobly best to make a new topic about this.
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:06 pm
quote : #6
I'm soooo happy for you nikon. Err, what's a Panther controller then ?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
SNK 47 wrote:
I'm soooo happy for you nikon. Err, what's a Panther controller then ?

I'd imagine it'd be good to play starlancer with Wink
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:25 pm
quote : #8
The main allure of the Panther controller for me is that it is almost what Outtrigger used in the arcades. Its just flipped around and has a PC flight stick. That is the main reason I got it because it has a half-association with Outtrigger.
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 am
quote : #9
Wow, it looks fantastic ! I can see why it's so sought after. I'm so jealous I want to heave !

noonotthat
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:01 pm
quote : #10
could you not turn it around? like have it facing twords you instead of away, then just reverse all the controlls in game? it would be kind of akward, but could work untill you mod it or w.e
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:36 pm
quote : #11
I am not sure, I will need to wait to comment on whether I could turn it around when it arrives. If I could take all of the control components out and build another casing for it, then I might be able to invert everything. However at the point I might as well try and start buying custom arcade parts and solder the wires to the points on the Dreamcast controller.

Kontact did something like this with a NeoGeo stick, by soldering it to the contacts on the DC controller. He got it working. It was pretty cool :]
Posted:
Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:16 pm
quote : #12
I picked one up for cheap a while back too. I think it's good for 355C because you can get really precise w/your movts. It's fun with TXR 2 as well. StarLancer and Bang!Gunship elite is a bit more fun too and SW:Pod Racer. I tried it with Soul Calibur for kicks but the game seems to get confused. I think Outtrigger is finally fun with it and is really the only reason why I bought it as well as to build up the collection of stuff.

What color is yours? I've only found online the light green, and light blue Panthers, but mine is a dark blue.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:34 pm
quote : #13
wow that is nothing like what i thought a panther would look like, i always expected it to be just like a game controller not an arcade like control.
Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm
quote : #14
I always figured it would be a DC pad just with a trackball fitted in there. BTW have you tried it out on Quake?
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 am
quote : #15
mrandyk wrote:
wow that is nothing like what i thought a panther would look like, i always expected it to be just like a game controller not an arcade like control.

Well you are right in a way Smile There is the official(I hate that word now!) Panther controller which is the normal Dreamcast Pad with spots - as on a panther's coat.