Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
ChadT
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
So I hope to put together a guide soon as this should work for anyone with a decent PC. Now I am trying to determine a way to get around the problem of games that do not support blind dial because I don't have a land line to perform the swap trick with. I'm thinking about using a phone conversation recorder from RadioShack that I could use to record a dial tone and then play it back to the DC. I'm also thinking of finding a voice modem to input a pre-recorded dial tone sound from my PC's sound card.

I'm not sure if either methods will work but my real question for now is, what games support blind dial? Could we add this info to the Online Game List?
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:57 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
ChadT wrote:
So I hope to put together a guide soon as this should work for anyone with a decent PC.

Thats me F****d then Laughing

Sounds interesting though, keep us informed and welcome to OC.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:22 pm
quote : #3
I think Quake 3 is the only game that doesn't support blind dial.
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Surprised Thats great! Very Happy . Hope you can make a good guide. I would love to be able to play the dial up only games for Dreamcast again ^ ^.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:58 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
This is extremely interesting news for those os us who can't have Windows 98 installed in our computer for whatever reason. Thank you very much! I hope you can make some kind of guide or tutorial soon.

Shoeless
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:30 pm
quote : #6
any new info?