Topic: Daytona USA Online Test

Page 1 of 1
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm not sure why I did this. Some kind of burning curiosity due to the fact that I hadn't chosen the 'Network Battle' option on this game for so long. Anyway here are the pics, no surprises such as glitches or out of the ordinary screens and certainly no hint of online racing!

This is the key file for those who wanted to know:

The game seems to hang on this screen for a couple of minutes:

Finally, you get the following error, somehow I don't think trying again later is going to help Crying or Very sad :

Just for a bit of fun... here is the 'code of conduct' screen before you connect LoL:

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:23 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Awsome. Still even though its not resulting in any oddities during connect, this brings up another issue though. The key file. We should backup a key file in-case it would be needed down the road to troubleshoot something should the situation present itself. Since you can't make a new file anymore. Those that do exist and have been made already, hold value in any sort of future project.

Are you the only one with a working keyfile right now? Or does someone else have one as well. Just wondering if anyone would want to email me the keyfile from their DC. So I could get it up and archived.
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:28 am
quote : #3
nikon, I have never used the DC for emails but I will try and set up a pop3 account on my dreamcast and if you can attach files from the VMU I will send you that file.

It'll be after the weekend though as I'm going away today.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:44 am
quote : #4
Le Spank wrote:
nikon, I have never used the DC for emails but I will try and set up a pop3 account on my dreamcast and if you can attach files from the VMU I will send you that file.

It'll be after the weekend though as I'm going away today.

If you have planet web browser 2.x you can also use tools.planetweb.com to upload it to an ftp server

Just make sure your VMU doesn't light on fire or expload or anything hehe. No rush, as long as you got the file, then that's what counts. We can work on getting it transfered sometime in the next 2 weeks, at your leisure. If you get pop3 email working feel free to just email it to me at lordnikon@onlineconsoles.com
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:54 am
quote : #5
so dose this 'key file' save independantly or is it part of a game save?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:55 am
quote : #6
MasterChief wrote:
so dose this 'key file' save independantly or is it part of a game save?

The key file was downloadable by going to the homepage via the dreamcast. Once saved to the VMU it is never altered, it merely allows you to connect. Does this answer your question?

@nikon. I don't have planetweb. TBH I don't know what that is! Is it the US browser software? I am using dreamkey 3.0

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:21 am
quote : #7
Yes, planetweb is the US web browser. When I wake up I will do a few queries to see if I can come across a daytona key file at an existing site. I have never actually tried to look for one as of yet. If not I'll reply back and we'll see if we can get the file sent via pop3 email this week.
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:38 am
quote : #8
I lost these images a long time ago. Shame because I've forgotten what they look like now!