Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 am
quote : #46
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Cool! Cool . Thank you for all mate Very Happy . Good luck Mr. Green !
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am
quote : #47
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think we have 4 possibilities here:

1. The most likely thing is that this will come to nothing and nobody will budge and the servers will stay offline
2. Sega will agree to give us the server software...we know where it is now, again unlikly
3. Sega will agree to put the server back up...possible
4. We might be given the option to start paying for the servers ourselves

Option 4 needs some thinking about.....don't know how much this would cost, but how much could we scrape together?

If we get the server software that would be a result but in order to host them properly NTT need to keep hosting them...so this is my primary goal

PS: If the servers dont go back on over night...I think it might be worth considering sending E-mails to sega-europe...make them realise we care..what does everyone think?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am
quote : #48
Should that happen, which I agree is unlikely, we need to have the option to reset sn/ak's. This way, if someone's got a dead DC, they won't lose their characters. But I'm not holding out much hope, unless we can find someone within NTT who is sympathetic to our cause.
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 pm
quote : #49
Type: PAL
Well we have to wait and see what they tell. If it's the 4th option we need to know how much we need to pay. If all members contribute maybe we can have them. About emailing SEGA Europe, yes I agree, but lets wait to see what NTT says.
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:00 pm
quote : #50
Well thanks for all your actions to restore that but i think if sega has decided a while ago to decide to close the servers to encourrage people playing PSU, they'll not change their mind and will refuse to sell, maintain or do anything for us to but back the server - it may also just have been removed from the server-, also NTT will not do anything without Sega agreement si i'm rather pessimistic but who know, just have to prey, i wish i could still play .....

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:23 pm
quote : #51
If you're going the email route, please DO NOT mass mail them. Instead, come up with a professional game plan. Receiving the same email over and over again is likely to agitate them. On other forums, members have already contacted Sega and releasing the software is out of the question since it's proprietary.

If you can still ping the server, it's probably a shared server. Several server software applications usually run on a single machine. It's likely that they completely removed it per Sega's licensing agreement (which probably says that after the lease it up, they are to remove all software from the server and make no unauthorized copy, backup or otherwise.) If that's the case, it may be too late.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:26 pm
quote : #52
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
If you're going the email route, please DO NOT mass mail them. Instead, come up with a professional game plan. Receiving the same email over and over again is likely to agitate them. On other forums, members have already contacted Sega and releasing the software is out of the question since it's proprietary.

If you can still ping the server, it's probably a shared server. Several server software applications usually run on a single machine. It's likely that they completely removed it per Sega's licensing agreement (which probably says that after the lease it up, they are to remove all software from the server and make no unauthorized copy, backup or otherwise.) If that's the case, it may be too late.

I agree with everything you say here...the chances are slim and the best way to do an E-mail campaign is to organise it...any suggestions on that front? If anybody want to take charge of that feel free

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:32 pm
quote : #53
segadreamcaster wrote:
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

I agree with everything you say here...the chances are slim and the best way to do an E-mail campaign is to organise it...any suggestions on that front? If anybody want to take charge of that feel free

I would like to just step up to the plate or sort take charge here, and say that... I will not be heading this operation or going anywhere near administrating it. We all know I have too much going on to add it to my pile. So I am staying clear of this one so it doesn't burn to the ground from the fires of my own ambition. You have my full support * shows thumbs up * go get em guys. Wink
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:34 pm
quote : #54
lordnikon wrote:
I would like to just step up to the plate or sort take charge here, and say that... I will not be heading this operation or going anywhere near administrating it. We all know I have too much going on to add it to my pile. So I am staying clear of this one so it doesn't burn to the ground from the fires of my own ambition. You have my full support * shows thumbs up * go get em guys. Wink

Thanks lord, that means a lot Smile

I think we all know the chances of success here, but where there is a chance I think we need to go for it Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:41 pm
quote : #55
If you're sure that NTT is the third party responsible for hosting the game, then I'd contact Sega with a proposal along the lines of agreeing to pay for the server costs if they let NTT continue to host the game. They're most likely to agree with these conditions since NTT is a company they've personally entrusted their intellectual properties to.

First, I'd see if any arrangements could be made with NTT without involving Sega. Your email to Sega will most likely never make it past the receptionist. What may be an even better idea is to print out all of the letters and mail them to the president directly. This has a much better chance of making it to the upper echelon within Sega.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:58 pm
quote : #56
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
If you're sure that NTT is the third party responsible for hosting the game, then I'd contact Sega with a proposal along the lines of agreeing to pay for the server costs if they let NTT continue to host the game. They're most likely to agree with these conditions since NTT is a company they've personally entrusted their intellectual properties to.

First, I'd see if any arrangements could be made with NTT without involving Sega. Your email to Sega will most likely never make it past the receptionist. What may be an even better idea is to print out all of the letters and mail them to the president directly. This has a much better chance of making it to the upper echelon within Sega.

DreamcastTM, do you fancy taking charge of this? I will of course help as well (if needed) if you decide to?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer