segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sun May 06, 2007 6:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Blast and I spent some time on 4x4 evo last night for the first time in a good few months, the reson we havent been on so long is because blasts disc becmae un-readable for some reason or another so it was not possible...however, he now has a new disc and we went straight on Smile

Anyway...I had been wanting to test my PC-DC server with this one for a while, as the only one I had tested before this (in full) was Max pool, which always runs very well over the PC-DC server, and it appears 4x4 does as well, but with far more dramatic results.

Don't know if any of you have ever had problem with collisions/lag with 4x4 but blast and I always had some serious issues with this, we often used to clip the side of each other vehicle and one of the trucks would just fly off somewhere...lol....sometime literally being launched way off somewhere..madness and it was really annoying and always seemed to be related to lag. Anyway, after hosting a game via the PC-DC server, it becmae claer that these problems were almost entirely resolved...much smoother to play and no more unexpected flying lessons, and the good thing is it ran much better for both of us.

Anyway, just thought I would let you all know that...would be interesting to hear if others have had these issues with the gamne in the past?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun May 06, 2007 4:28 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Yeh the experience was a lot better for sure Very Happy Other things I oticed which I find quite odd were

1: the game looks and responds better by far, very noticable.
2: The game runs quicker or seems too, maybe due to less lag?

Short on time now but I have to say it was soo much better.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:10 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
sup guy's , been a wile for me

good to see you all are getting it to work right. i remember helping in starlancer a bit.

the lag tag has always been a issue even on computers. you have one side with a fast low ping connection and then you would have someone that has dialup with a 400+ ping. when you would get remotely close to him either you or him would be knocked for a loop.

the one thing i always seen is when you are watching someone else camera view threw your computer and they would be lagging hard there truck would be doing a DJ style remix turntable move deal. but on his end he is running smooth. the truck would be going back and forth over and over going back and playing catchup to get back to the users position.

its crazy to watch

but its good to see you guy's are getting the PC-DC dialup server ironed out

hard to get online over a digital phone line with the DC, i used it before and worked great but some reason they put a block on it now so you can only stay connected for likw 1 minute and 30 seconds before you time out. it did lag bad when it would stay connected tho.

i have to find a way to do this in OS X somehow