Page 1 of 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
XDP, not to be confused with previous releases containing the title, is a brand new standalone revamp of Dreampassport and PlanetWeb 2.6. This is not XDPv8, this is simply titled XDP. The name reflects a sense of completeness in its title, and the release itself has the features to back it up. This new release presents 3 different user agents for XDP, a completly remodeled PlanetWeb dubbed v2.6X, and tools that will completly change the way you browse the net with your dreamcast.

There are 3 user agents for XDP: Original, Expanded, & MSIE 6.0.

Original - used for changing and setting up Ch@b settings or downloading game saves from official game sites or public VMU sites.

Expanded - Best used for general web surfing. This allows you to finally access hotmail email from the web, as well as surf most banking sites and the like.

MSIE 6.0 - Designed for use with those sites only allowing access to browsers featuring a MSIE6.0 user-agent.

The immediate interface of XDP features a top toolbar with readily accessable shortcuts for accessing further menu options, setup, email, bookmarks, chat features, and a very convenient help menu.

Some of the most interesting features in the initial GUI are in the lower right. There is a connect button, which simply connects you to the internet. it doesn't load to a default website which is fantastic. You can hit connect, and shortly there after you are on the internet and can then take your next course of action. Then it has 3 shortcuts, URL, Dual Surf and Dream Surfer. Clicking on URL will bring up the standard URL jump box allowing you to go to a website in the standard Dreampassport interface. Next is the dual surf feature allowing you to surf 2 websites at the same time slicing your viewing area in 2. You get to choose the dimensions of your browsing experience of course. Next up is the Dreamsurfer this ads a completly new tool bar to the top of DP. It allows you to click backward and forwards as well as refresh the page, and has a home button. Also if you need some tunes to go with your browsing there is a midi player and pulldown list of midi tunes that you can play while your browsing.

In the "Menu" option in the main GUI a page loads with featured sections:

MIDI Collection, VMU Mini Games, XDP Movie Theatre, XDP User Tools, Flash and JAVA Games, XDP Credits. Discussing all the features in this area would take quite some time. However I will say there are a TON of web development tools, vmu tools, as well as an internet beat time converter(this could come in handy for many of you).

When you load up PlanetWeb 2.6X probobly the first thing you'll notice is the snazzy onlineconsoles banner. The next thing you'll notice is the extra snazzy new navigation bar and graphical user interface. The setup options menu looks fantastic. The color scheme is really pleasing to the eye and is a nice change from the old planet web pukey teal color scheme of old.

Overall project head 'Excalibur007' did an amazing job with XDP. It's something everyone should download and use. XDP will comprise the core of Psilocybin Dreams v2.0 which is most likly to be released in the coming month or so.

You can download the XDP browser from the official psilocybindreams website:
http://www.psilocybindreams.com/INDEX.HTML

If you have any technical questions feel free to bring them up in the newly created forum devoted to Psilocybin Dreams projects: here

(note: I am thoroughly addicted to the XDP PlanetWeb 2.6X, its my main browser I use now on the DC. Simply amazing.)

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Posted:
Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #2
looks good....ill give it a shot!!!!!!

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:33 pm
quote : #3
Excellent. Now I've got something to look forward to when I get back from vacation.
lordnikon wrote:
*SNIP*

MSIE 6.0 - Designed for use with those sites only allowing access to browsers featuring a MSIE6.0 user-agent.

*SNIP*

But it does make me so sad (and a little irritated) that this part is necessary. Credit to the writers for including it, of course.

guyver2077
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #4
not bad at all.....i like the lil flash and mpeg sections....nice additions....i like that it has all those versions too choose from at the start up..

EDIT: well one again i must add more praise to this release....2.6x runs great and probably the most smoothest of all.....(i wonder is their bba support)...im not a big fan of the passport browsers but i must say i like the features included..(midi's are great, all the little yahoo tools and links are great. (for some reason it kept telling me incorrect password when logging in)...the mpegs are a nice addition...let me just say someone without a pc would really appreciate this browser...it has so many helpful things that i wish i would of had back in the planetweb 1.0/2.0 days when i didnt even have a pc and relied on my dc. the only thing i wonder is if the midi's/mpeg sections could of been added to 2.6x and why not use 3.0?? is it a legal issue?? anywayz i love this browser.....go get it now....thank you excalibur007 and anyone else involved in making this possible...

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:39 am
quote : #5
damn this browser looks intresting
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:41 am
quote : #6
Wow a prelude to PSD 2.0. I will DL this later today.

EDIT: WOW! This is AMAZING! Beautiful menus, MIDI support while surfing, TONS of popular MIDI remixes, tweaked Planetweb, the abilty to run 2 browsers in the same window, and a load of VMU games to boot. This is got to be the best DC browser that I have ever used. If you dont have it, you should get it.
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:37 pm
quote : #7
It does seem lovely. but when I use the browser with the bar at the top i cannot get any URL to work. i.e if I type www.onlineconsoles.com it says invald address and resets to the large file address it contains in the url..
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:05 pm
quote : #8
the dual browser is duh shit
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:06 pm
quote : #9
this is a really nice professional browser, i really dont know if psilo dreams 2 is going to be to much better then this.

ssjamie
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:16 am
quote : #10
do i just load the files and burn them onto a cd?

zprhead
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:35 am
quote : #11
Ok after some searching I found out how to get the file on a disc but which file do I use there is six of each?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:07 am
quote : #12
Ok, zprhead, you download ALL of the RAR (zipped) files, highlight them all (CTRL+A), and they will extract into a single CDI image file. In order to extract them, you will need WinRAR, which can be found at RARlabs.com.

zprhead
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:26 am
quote : #13
I found a planetweb download on a different site downloaded it and burned it with disc juggler loaded it up with my dream cast and bam i got it, i tried posting but I couldnt so im back on my pc and i changed my site view to dream cast im gonna go and try to post again i was able to get to the pages and dial up no prob I think I got it figured out we will see

EDIT: ok im on my dreamcast now and the board looks diff not as much stuff we will see

Koda
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:00 pm
quote : #14
i'm posting this wit my dc usin xdp w00T lol yea this browser is koo..but is there a way to use a different browser without having to turn off ur dc?? like if i'm using the dreampassport browser thing can i switch over to planetweb 2.6x browser?
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:53 pm
quote : #15
Wow....the XDP seems awesome. Looks like I'll have some downloadin' to do this weekend Wink

Sheesh, the things that happen around here when I'm away Smile

Once again, this site comes through with totally exclusive Dreamcast information. Lord Nikon.....you 'da man!

Technofungk