Topic: ooga booga offline

Page 1 of 1
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
w/o ooga booga being online dont u think this game lost all the fun unless you have a friend. i want it to come back cause i want to play it online so bad.
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:31 pm
quote : #2
i heard of it but never but much into it i luv racing games
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:39 pm
quote : #3
Ya that seems to be a big problem with late DC games, very low replay value, because developers forcing the games out faster. Good examples are OT, OB and other such titles ... o man and Floigan Brothers, which I know had other chapters but they were never released am guessing because they felt all their work (3 years) would go into a game that had poor sales. Many said the game would get another release but that’s yet to be seen, I fear just like Propeller Arena it will be left in the vault. OB I would have killed to play online but for reason when I had paid 56k internet last year from Star Power it wouldn't work with it and I didn't know about the free ISP's at the time... but with friends that game is so fun

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:42 pm
quote : #4
Ahem, anyway, by replay value, I think you mean arcade games. DC had many, MANY arcade titles with very little replay value (e.g. Dynamite Cop!, OT [single player], 18 Wheeler etc..). True, the DC was huffing and puffing its way at the end of its life, and publishers we're scrambling to release crappy games at bad times. Still, Sega released some great games like Sonic Adventure 2, and some of the 2K2 sports games.

I never really tried Ooga Bogga, but I heard it was a great online, and multiplayer game. I'm looking forward to getting it soon.

EDIT: By the way, techincally, Propeller Arena isn't in the vault. It was on Ebay once, and its rumored to be circulated on the internet (via oldergamers). Rumor also has it that something with this game will happen this holiday season...

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:53 pm
quote : #5
that would be soo cool is Sega released it in small numbers and sold it at amazon.com or something, well rumors can't always be believed. Its true about them being arcade ports I forgot to metion that. I really wish Sega would stop being a ass about the server program thing, its really been on my mind latly the more I think about the mader I get! PSO really pissed me off ... sigh ... the good old days

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:00 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ooga Booga is probobly my favorite dreamcast game of all time. Honestly. That game is so fucking unbelievable. The funnest times I have ever had EVER in online gaming. TheMytho can back me up on this.

We were the last ones on the ooga booga servers, playing until like 5AM.

This is so fun, I do not have words to describe it. Boar Polo will keep you playing for HOURS....HOURS I tell you. I love the games graphics, I love the games style, the animations, the sounds. EVERYTHING about this game is pure genious.

THIS IS THE ONE GAME, that I would spend a lifetime to get back online. This game along with Outtrigger as well. But my passion for Ooga Booga is what would push me over the edge to learn all about programming on the dreamcast and find a way to bring this game back online.

OB is one of the greatest multi-player games ever made. Fun Factor through the roof.
Posted:
Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:13 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon since you helped with getting starlancer back online have you ever tried to get ooga booga online because i have that game and would like to play it online!!! I think it would be really exciting to play online!!!
Posted:
Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:40 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
matthewj wrote:
lordnikon since you helped with getting starlancer back online have you ever tried to get ooga booga online because i have that game and would like to play it online!!! I think it would be really exciting to play online!!!

Not possible it uses middle ware called sega snap that has been sold/leased to Nokia to run thier N-gage games on. To bring back Ooga booga is complex and would mena reverse engineering the sega snap middleware and having the packet logs of Oooga booga when running online. These may exist but still in basic its not going to happen with any games that ran on Snap.

Laters