Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Cyberdemonbfg
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:37 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Has anyone noticed that you can't forward or compose an e-mail on yahoo anymore with the 3.0 planet web browser.This just started just a few days ago. It worked ok up to 10/24/05.
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:45 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This sort of thing does not suprise me. As time goes on new code will start to become obsolete with the sega dreamcast resulting in websites or software not functioning properly with Dreamcast Browsers. I myself developing OnlineConsoles, and creating content that is both compatible with the Dreamcast and the PC, yet can display the same for both platforms, has been a huge challange.

Lately I have become frustrated with web programming standards depreciating common html tags in favor of style sheets. There is one problem...the Dreamcast cannot read stylesheets. So lately I have had to keep using some tags that are no considered valid by w3c's standards.

One interesting thing as of late. Due to the rise in cellphone, pda's and portable entertainment devices like the Sony PSP; more websites are having mobile friendly web applications with lighter code. Which gives Dreamcast users more options when surfing the internet as of late.

However it is a shame that critical services like email are starting to use more complex web interfaces resulting in glitches or errors.
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
on the subject, does anyone know a free pop3 mail account that i can use with dk 3.0.?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:20 am
quote : #4
lozz wrote:
on the subject, does anyone know a free pop3 mail account that i can use with dk 3.0.?

you can set up yahoo mail to work with a pop3 account!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:26 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Yeh its a Shame I noticed quite a few websites becomming less DC friendly before I got my PC. I remember wanadoo ( ex freeserve ) took down the web tv version of thier site and also Ebay was a real problem to use with DK3. I tried quite a few email accounts and many would be created ok but then be un usable once created.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:42 pm
quote : #6
Update:i had a brainstorm..lol.I went to my mail on the pc and when i wanted to to compose or foward, yahoo put up a character screen for me to continue,which i did and after that it would forward the e-mail without the string.So i went back to the dc and tried it and it's now working.Every now and then yahoo will check your e-mail that way but you have to go to your pc to straightened it out as the dc won't see the continue string and show you an error in it's place.
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:40 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast wrote:
Yeh its a Shame I noticed quite a few websites becomming less DC friendly before I got my PC. I remember wanadoo ( ex freeserve ) took down the web tv version of thier site and also Ebay was a real problem to use with DK3. I tried quite a few email accounts and many would be created ok but then be un usable once created.

Laters

I'm actually going to be starting to add to the links page for Dreamcast Internet users. It basically would be a sub area with a collection of Dreamcast Friendly websites. Such as Penny-Arcade's mobile version. Which is perfect for browsing on the Dreamcast.
Posted:
Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:18 am
quote : #8
while you're at it lordnikon add e-buddy.com and fastmail.fm both dreamcast friendly!