profile : pm
Can someone upload it somewhere? I can't get the link to work Sad

REALfreaky
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:00 pm
quote : #17
Try this: http://freakonaleash300.googlepages.com/4x4_Evolution_Server_Source.zip

PrOfUnD Darkness
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:07 pm
quote : #18
Thanks! So, the udp service are not included, right?

REALfreaky
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:25 pm
quote : #19
PrOfUnD Darkness wrote:
Thanks! So, the udp service are not included, right?

Nope, there's no UDP in there.

loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 am
quote : #20
so...how you get it up and running ? Evil or Very Mad
Posted:
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:39 pm
quote : #21
Has anyone at least tried to get this to work?

Also, I've become interested in the in-game track browser again... If anyone played evo far enough back when this worked, I would like to speak with you.

loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:36 am
quote : #22
nope not yet the code is weird
Posted:
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:00 pm
quote : #23
Type: NTSC-U/C
REALfreaky wrote:
Has anyone at least tried to get this to work?

Also, I've become interested in the in-game track browser again... If anyone played evo far enough back when this worked, I would like to speak with you.

I have not had time to mess with it yet myself. I am on vacation from research / site work for the next month or two. 4+ years non-stop has been a long stretch, and I am taking things at a slower pace now in order to get active in more online gaming for a change. The code is available so I can mess with it at anytime.

The key thing to note, is that most of the people here will not be able to setup this 4x4 Evo chat software without a detailed guide explaining every aspect of setting it up. This is something that tech savvey people like myself, or one of 5 other users here would have to take the time to provide. This isn't to say people here arn't smart or anything, but only a few have the technical knowledge and hardware available to really set this up on their own. A guide will be created eventually, I am just not sure when that will be.
Posted:
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm
quote : #24
I see.
Well, I kind of doubt that anyone will ever make a step-by-step guide like that since most *nix users are generally savy enough to figure it out, lol.

On a side note, I spent some time last weekend debugging the 4x4 Evo executable and I have finally been able to create a trackquery php script that will allow people in-game to use the "browse for tracks" feature. The only problem is that TRI would have to add my track query URL to their server list in order for everyone to have it. Currently, the only way to use my track query is by using an edited executable which grabs its server list from another site that I can control.

elph
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:39 pm
quote : #25
Can someone provide the UDP service perl script so that I can mess around with this stuff?

REALfreaky
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:37 am
quote : #26
elph wrote:
Can someone provide the UDP service perl script so that I can mess around with this stuff?

TkVortex wrote it, and it is up to him to decide who recieves it.
You will have to ask him yourself if you truley wish to get it. You can point your favorite IRC client to the server: irc.efnet.org and join the channel: #r00m

Note: Some server have banned our channel name for some reason, so if it says that, try another server.

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 am
quote : #27
Type: PAL
For some strange reason I do have the udp script for the ircd.. Dated back to 2008 when I grabbed it from somewhere
The archive contains some bots and random stuff I grabbed from tkvortex website years ago that might be usefull
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16996347/misc/4x4evo_ircd_udp.tar.gz