Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:20 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone! Right now I am on win98, with no graphic card support, just using 16 colour image. As u can see, I am writing in terrible conditions... buy anyways, at this moment I just care about getting online with my DC!
And I can't! Sad Sad

To start with, I tried setting up the isp stuff on planet web 2.6.
When I click on "connect" button, it just goes Dialing forever! If I have the telephone cord pluged to the dreamcast or not, it just doesnt matter! Afete the "modem init" thing, appears the "dialing" and nothing happens..

I also tried Dreamarena and PSO, but those say that the line is busy!Wtf?

I don't know what to do, I am around this these whole 2 days, without going outside, I am getting insane guys!
I need your help as soon as u can, ill be checking this forum every minute!

And to worst evrything, my graphic card and internal modem are not recognized by win98 and I dunno why... hope the external modem I am gonna buy works fine with this sh*t.

Important question:
About the 56k external modem, can it be one which as the USB extension?

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance everyone!

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
which are the exact PC specs ? Do you still have the manual for the mainboard/motherboard ? If yes tell us the manufacturer and the version (or look at the mainboard/motherboard most write the name somewhere) . Have you tried to install the modem manually using standard windows drivers ? What kind of grafic card you plugged into your computer old/new pci/agp
Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:40 am
quote : #3
Well, I've talked with the guys I bought the motherboard, and I relalized my motherboard does not have an internal modem. I know it sounds stupid lol.
The graphic card is an agp nvidia 6600GT, and the motherboard is an P4P800-X.

What I really need rhelp now is:
- dial up with the DC, cause I can't do it normaly, I cant connect dunno why and I am not talink the dc-pc server
- is the external modem of 56k can be with the USB extension, for the dc-pc server

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:25 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Are you trying to dial on your DC (directly plugging it into your phoneline) after setting the DC up for the PC-DC server?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:39 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Treamcaster: Yes, get the external modem with the USB cable. That is how mine connects to the PC.

When you buy the modem, make sure Windows 98 is listed on the box under supported OSes. If it is, then the included CD should install the necessary drivers.

Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:46 pm
quote : #6
wrote:
Treamcaster: Yes, get the external modem with the USB cable. That is how mine connects to the PC.

When you buy the modem, make sure Windows 98 is listed on the box under supported OSes. If it is, then the included CD should install the necessary drivers.

Dalore: Well, to test if the DC was connecting to the net, I tried pluging the phone cord into the wall and to the DC.
And to my surprise it didn't work. It acted starnge... I really need help, I have no ideia of what to do!

TheMytho: Thanks a lot for that info, I really needed to know that!

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 pm:

I got the 56kb modem today!
Wish me luck everyone, I am gonna need it!