Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
OHH my God I did I think I wet my pants Embarassed WTF did these spring from they were never on before, well been on since May it seems. F**king great, shame no Dreamdorobo or Soar but Ball bobble and Splash so cant moan at that at all. One embeded one linked, I embeded Ball bobble as it has the most action Very Happy Things to look out for, the tornado effects as the game goes on, the bell sound thats Planet ring telling the player he has a PM, and right at the end the Ball bobble lobby where players meet to play, look for the tables with 4 chairs. Also below the embeded video is a link to the splash video which shows off splash to the fullest and the flawless speech of Planet ring when opperating correctly.

F**KING AWESOME

EMBEDE DIDNT WORK SO LINKS INSTEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbH4XaF-KA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8DhpMoiw8

Laters
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:30 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Ohhh God. First time I see those games being played online. I wish there was more, but that's more than I could've ever hoped for lol. Straight to favorites.

RadioSpade
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:39 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
so....... what is this exactly? a new game for DC?

-RS
-Schthack: Asar Zo'am lvl 001
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:49 pm
quote : #4
@RS: Its a game called Planet Ring that was only released in Pal land.

Looks fun. nice to see it motion, finally. Smile
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:25 am
quote : #5
Omg, this brings the memorys flooding back.
Ball bobble was my favorite game on planet ring, although i always lost when i played it Embarassed
Anyway, great find mate, i cant stop hitting the play button Laughing
Posted:
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 pm
quote : #6
And another Planet Ring video is up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l8RbkDtKaws

Love the music, love the way the graphics look, love everything! How can one miss a game he never played?

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:21 am
quote : #7
these are all awesome, wonder why thwt are coming up all of a sudden tho Rolling Eyes
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:26 am
quote : #8
Thats fantastic Very Happy I had been keeping a look out for more but due to having visitors in the house I have not been able to get on the PC so much. I am going to have to try and contact the poster and see if he has a dreamdorobo video cus you guys have to see that it was by far the best and most unique of all the Planet ring games.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:40 am
quote : #9
Yea these videos are awesome. I had seen them on YouTube for a while, but had not gotten around to making a thread about it. Pretty sweet since I just recently scored PlanetRing brand new (collectors item hehe). That latest video is pretty amazing with the little guy walking around and the clouds moving. I really wish I could have played that. Who here was online with this game when it was up?

The user that posted the videos on YouTube is actually registered here. His username is Segafreak_NL. The catch is that he no longer posts here. If I recall correctly he exiled himself from the forums because he didn't agree with this sites forum rules. He wasn't banned or anything, he simply decided to no longer post here.
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:33 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Yea these videos are awesome. I had seen them on YouTube for a while, but had not gotten around to making a thread about it. Pretty sweet since I just recently scored PlanetRing brand new (collectors item hehe). That latest video is pretty amazing with the little guy walking around and the clouds moving. I really wish I could have played that. Who here was online with this game when it was up?

The user that posted the videos on YouTube is actually registered here. His username is Segafreak_NL. The catch is that he no longer posts here. If I recall correctly he exiled himself from the forums because he didn't agree with this sites forum rules. He wasn't banned or anything, he simply decided to no longer post here.

We were online with this I say we cus these were the days when my Mrs p[layed as much Dreamcast as I did, in fact more. This was on nearly every night in our house and my Mrs held rank 1 for the all time highest score in Dreamdorobo. It was never beaten until the server went down for a long long time and when they came back up all the baords were reset but no new scores ever came close. The server was incredibly buggy the last time they put it back up Sad a lot of times games crashed or speech didnt work and Sega europe decided to take the game down. I severly miss this funkiest of funky games I just know I would still be playing this if it was up.

I did mail the user at youtube and ask about a Dreamdorobo video but I havent been back to check my mail yet, fingers crossed.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:23 pm
quote : #11
The story is pretty much like lordnikon said; I posted a harsh comment about Edge (an English magazine I rather dislike for various reasons but that's not the point here), it was removed and I didn't like that. Been occasionaly lurking to see if there were any new online or link-up features discovered/exploited/etc. (it's unlikely unfortunately, but still).

I've been uploading most of the footage I recorded back in the day (mostly 2002) on my youtube account. After Ubisoft (well, Gameloft) announced they'd take down the Speed Devils online servers I rapidly recorded some footage on the final days it was online. A friend of mine also tried POD 2 but I was too late to order copy of it (quite a funny story, I was looking for a service/shop that would supply me with a copy of POD 2 before the server went down) , otherwise I would've done some footage for that as well.

For some reason I figured the footage would be 'kinda cool to watch in a couple years' time so that's why it's there.

Haven't played online for ages (apart from some PSU back in January) and mostly turned to the Saturn side of gaming.

It's likely I'll be lurking in the future, so you could PM me any questions regarding SDO or Planet Ring footage.

Cya!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:31 pm
quote : #12
Segafreak_NL wrote:
The story is pretty much like lordnikon said; I posted a harsh comment about Edge (an English magazine I rather dislike for various reasons but that's not the point here), it was removed and I didn't like that. Been occasionaly lurking to see if there were any new online or link-up features discovered/exploited/etc. (it's unlikely unfortunately, but still).

I've been uploading most of the footage I recorded back in the day (mostly 2002) on my youtube account. After Ubisoft (well, Gameloft) announced they'd take down the Speed Devils online servers I rapidly recorded some footage on the final days it was online. A friend of mine also tried POD 2 but I was too late to order copy of it (quite a funny story, I was looking for a service/shop that would supply me with a copy of POD 2 before the server went down) , otherwise I would've done some footage for that as well.

For some reason I figured the footage would be 'kinda cool to watch in a couple years' time so that's why it's there.

Haven't played online for ages (apart from some PSU back in January) and mostly turned to the Saturn side of gaming.

It's likely I'll be lurking in the future, so you could PM me any questions regarding SDO or Planet Ring footage.

Cya!

Great Smile loving all the videos Smile Already sent you a message at youtube earlier.

Laters

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 pm:

Two more planet ring videos posted by segadatabase (Moved from lockded topic)

The Dreamdorobo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIVHsWpSh6k

And a tour of the planet looking for a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc71FRjewU0

These videos are ace for historical purposes a big tghanks to segadatabase for posting these.

A brief description of whats going on in the Dreamdorobo video. The first screen shown is the lookouts screen where you can see the whole map. The large dots represent swag and all the moving objects are guards of some kind or dogs. The idea is that you guide the other player who has limited view to the treasure avoiding all the guards and dogs. Treasure was worth varying amounts you dont know how much until you take it back to the car but the amounts always stayed the same making it possible to map the levels to achive the highest score. ONly 3 lots of loot could be carried at a time the player carrying gets slowere with each bag picked up. The second screen shown (in the circular view) is the limitied view seen by the 2nd player but is much more detailed. There were other obsticals in the game which dont appear in the video I can remember my faveorite was helium which puts a helium effect on the playrers voices as they try to communicate. I can also remember slowness and dark, slowness is obvious dark limited the view even further. I think there were around 12 maps but the one shown is actualy one of the best and the one that was commonly used to obtain the rank 1 rating that my wife held for a long period of time

A big thanks again to Segadatabase.

Laters